Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
November 21, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
November 21 Club Work Day Amy Wood Mills, Mueller & Mull
November 28 No Meeting -Thanksgiving
December 5 No Meeting - Holiday party at Weller's
December 12 Sheryl Hemp Randy Winter Nevers, Otte & Page
December 19 Dick Jarvis Travis White
December 26 No Meeting – Holiday break
January 2 Pat Kinney Rhonda Werner Puyleart, Rebhahn &Reyer
January 9 Club Work Day Bridget Wenman
January 16 Jan Klosinki Mary Weller
January 23 Jeff Lindell Mary Weber
January 30 No Meeting - 5th Thursday
- Jack Hoogendyk invited Maria Nakhla from Operation Christmas Child.
It is asked that members get their speaker in formation to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Weinschenk, Ph.D. of the River Valley Jazz Society to speak about the Jazz Society and about the jazz events planned for 2020. (847) 909-5946
- Susan Weinschenk, PhD could also speak about Music and the Brain, or The Science of Creativity as she is an international speaker on brain and behavioral science (847) 909-5946
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
- After mid-September , Deb Traeder would help to arrange for Olivia Hill as a guest speaker. She will be the new Executive Director of the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Deb can be reached at (715) 845-6279. Extension 101
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Larissa Rebhahn and Aaron Mull
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
November Reading to Go Month (Readers to pick up books)
Dec. 6 Holiday party at the Weller home
Dec. 12 Board Meeting
Dec. 12-13 Rotary bell ringing at Sam’s Club (see Dan Schaut to sign-up)
Jan. 10-12 Love is International
Feb 23 President’s Dinner – Wausau Country Club – 5-8 pm
May 1-2, 2020 District Conference – Oshkosh
- Greg Bardonner shared an overview of the 12-Days of Christmas fundraiser/progressive cash raffle event. The goal is to make $5000. With about 1000 tickets to sell, we are hoping that each member can sell about 18 tickets. The event will run from mid- October through December 6th. Sponsorship levels are now up to $7500.
- Jeff Mills and Jean Burgener provided an update on the Week in Ireland Trip (March 29-April 4, 2020). A full slate of 28 travelers has now been completed.
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jeff Mills had his winning ticket picked.
- To Jeff Zriny for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program, the Forrest Goetsch Charity and the Marathon County Public Library Literacy Corner.
- The service group has started the application for our club to host Rotary members from Uzbekistan next year.
- Kalynn announced that we now have a Rotary sign board to use at events.
- Our club will be sharing a booth with the noon club at the Chamber expo in the Spring.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?