Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
November 15, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
November 15 Pat Puyleart Jim Warsaw Schulz, Shafto-Carlson & Sickler
November 22 No Meeting - Thanksgiving
November 29 Rick Reyer Mary Weber
December 6 No Meeting (Holiday Party at the Wellers on the 7th instead)
December 13 Dan Schaut Roger Utnehmer Sorenson, Strasser & Szekeress
December 20 Mike Schlichte Tammy Szekeress
December 27 No Meeting – Holiday Break
Last week we had a club assembly to work on club goals and future planning.
Chuck Ghidorzi will be speaking to our club about the YWCA expansion project.
- For November 29th, Rick Reyer has invited Ann Herda-Rapp, UW-Stevens Point at Wausau Campus Executive, who will speak on her vision for the campus and its relationship to the greater Wausau community.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.u
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Jack Hoogendyk of Hope Life Center would be available to speak (contact John Kelly for contact info)
- Darcie Howard – the Monk Garden Executive Director could speak on the capital campaign project for renovating Monk’s original home into office space, education space and intern housing along with the new educational programs they have begun. She would be available this fall – contact her at 715-261-6264 or 715 -680-9485
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Bob Moses and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull, Kevin Sorenson and Cindy Mueller
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
Nov. 30/Dec. 1 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Sam’s Club
Dec. 7 Holiday Party at the Wellers – 6:00 pm
Jan. 11-13, 2019 Love is International
April 8 Honor Flight
May 9 Club Annual Meeting
May 13 Honor Flight
May 17-18 District Governor’s Conference
June 2019 Rotary International Conference in Hamburg, Germany
- Amy Wood – Twin Cities – items from the Target Center
- Scott Brainard – Door County – wine
- Patti Schafto-Carlson – Dallas – Cutting board, knives, wine charms
- Roger Utnehmer – Boston & Cape Cod – JFK mug and books and lobster
- Jean Burgener – Michigan and Kansas City - books
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jan Klosinski had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- John Kelly for filling in for the recent invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Results for End Polio Now Club Challenge - The Wausau Early Birds Rotary Club donated generously to the End Polio Now campaign and sponsored vaccinations for 1000 children! Thank you to all who participated.
- Pastor Ray announces that our club is looking for host families for next year. Ray will also be looking for potential outbound students.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.