Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
December 14, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
December 14 Patti Shafto-Carlson Mike Schlichte Birchler, Bodette & Brainard
December 21 Mary Weber Dan Schaut
December 28 No Meeting (Christmas Holiday)
January 4 Mary Weller Rick Reyer Connor, Draeger & Dunn
January 11 Rhonda Werner Schultz Pat Puyleart
January 18 Travis White Kalynn Pempek
January 25 Randy Winter Liz Parizo
February 1 Amy Wood Kyle Page Burgener, France & Goetsch
Roger Utnehmer had the program.
- Patti Shafto-Carlson has invited Clare’s Kids.
- For December 21, Mary Weber has invited Forrest Van Schwartz, President of Global Transportation Consultancy with 40 years running railroads. His program will be “The Dragon Awakens: China Rail Odyssey 2010-2015.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Beth Mueller’s daughter-in-law Courtney to speak about fundraising to build an new NCHC therapy pool.
- Patrice Pergolski to speak regarding the Girl Scouts. JoAnn Draeger has her contact information.
All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
January 4 Board Meeting
Jan. 12-14 Love Is International
March 29 Club Social
May 31 Club Social
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Wendy had the winning ticket. She elected to take half of the days collected monies ($27). Congratulations Wendy!
Welcome to our newest member Liz Parizo.
- To Jim Schulz for the recent invocation.
- To Mary and Bob Weller for hosting the recent Holiday Party!!
- To Dan Schaut for organizing the Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Dan Schaut gave an update on the Rotary International Foundation. From our club membership, we have a total of 43 members who have contributed to the Foundation. We have 22 Paul Harris Fellows, 12 multiple PH fellows, 2- 4 plus level PH fellows and 1 at a 5 plus PH level. Our club has donated $90,000 to the Foundation. He recently had the honor of presenting Pat Puyleart with another Paul Harris level. Congratulations Pat!!
- Pat Puyleart announced that the 25th Anniversary project will be a donation to the library. A second part of the project is yet to be determined and may involve supporting mental health concerns in the community(possibly donating to the MMT unit at NCHC). The committee will continue to meet regarding this.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz-www.wausauearlyrotary.org/. In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??