Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
April 16, 2020
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Club Calendar: The Board voted to hold optional virtual meetings as follows:
April 16 - Randy Winter will provide a tutorial for using Zoom videoconferencing
April 23 - Jennifer Havel will give a virtual presentation of Beekeeping Part 2
April 30 - NO virtual meeting (5th Thursday)
Regular meetings (where attendance will be counted) will resume in May, still virtually for now until we know how the Covid-19 pandemic shifts the requirements around group gatherings:
May 7 - Scott Knaffla, District Governor Elect, will provide an update on Rotary's response to Covid-19 and beyond
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Kyle Page, Tim Bodette and Aaron Mull
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
May 14 Board Meeting
Aug. 28-29 Powerboat Races
WELCOME & FAREWELL We offer a heartfelt welcome to our newest members – Lori Plaza and Connie Geiger! We also wish a fond farewell to Kevin Sorenson, Travis White and Amy Mettlach.
Proposed WEBR Board of Directors for 2020-2021
Dave Anderson, President
Jim Warsaw, President-Elect
Kalynn Pempek, Past President
Randy Winter, Secretary
Todd Hagedorn, Treasurer
Greg Bardonner, Sergeant at Arms
Directors at Large:
- Sheryl Hemp – St. Croix – glass dish
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
- To Dave Anderson and Kalynn Pempek for the recent invocations.
- To Kalynn for coordinating our weekly Zoom meetings and providing many of the notifications for this newsletter
- To Pat Kinney for his daily puns and Randy Winter for his daily Facebook postings! Humor has been much appreciated during this difficult time
- For all the virtual Happy/Sad dollars given by club members recently. And thanks to Todd for keeping a running tally!
- Thank you to Jennifer Havel, Dave Anderson, and Jim Warsaw for their great work last week to research, write, and submit a grant for Rotary's Covid-19 Response Disaster grant funding. And for working with the Rotary Club of Wausau to submit a joint application. The application is for funding for the Hunger Coalition to support a weekend food for 400 kids in rural areas program. The WEBR Board approved a matching grant of $750, and the RCOW did as well, so if the grant is awarded, we'll be bringing $3,000 to our community to help kids.
- Thank you to everyone who responded to the request for WEBR directors to be considered for the 2020-21 club Board of Directors. There were no nominations, so please watch for an email seeking your official vote.
- Congratulations to Dave Anderson, on the club's vote of approval of his application as District Governor Nominee. This new role will begin on July 1, 2020 (if approved by District 6220)
- Dues: The WEBR Board voted to reduce the club's 4th quarter dues to reflect the cost of 6 meals in March and April (6 x $8 = $48). We will monitor this going forward for possible future adjustments. If any club members need assistance, please contact Kalynn Pempek privately at (715-571-0325) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At this point in time both the Ireland and Italy trips are in the process of being rescheduled.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?