Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
July 9, 2020
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Please Note - Meetings will be held via Zoom at least through the end of August so any presenter will have to have access to Zoom and he able to participate via the internet.
July 9 Aaron Mull Mike Schlichte
July 16 Rick Nevers Dan Schaut
July 23 Connie Geiger Larissa Rebhahn
July 30 No meeting (5th Thursday)
Aug 6 Work groups
Aug 13 Lori Plaza Pat Puyleart
Aug 20 Pat Puyleart Lori Plaza
- Two weeks ago, Kalynn presented an overview of our club statistics and accomplishments for the past year. Please contact her if you want a copy of this slide presentation. We were also joined by Bill Duncanson, Ken Moberg, Dean Dietrich and Bill Skarie who helped to give the history of the kayak statue process. Current members of the club also contributed to this presentation. '
- Last week, the club met at the kayak statue for the transition meeting for the year. We offer many thanks to Kalynn for her year of outstanding leadership as our club’s President. We also welcome Dave Anderson as he starts his Presidential year. Thanks as well to past and new Board members. Our club leadership is so dedicated and exemplary!!
- We also congratulate Ray Connor as this year’s winner of the club Service Above Self award. He joins the illustrious company of past award winners.
- Today Aaron Mull has invited Kelly Atkins a certified Dementia Practitioner who will offer an presentation on the difference between normal aging and dementia.
- For July 16, Rick Nevers has invited Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department
- For July 23, Connie Geiger has invited Paul Dobbratz who will present on Covid Fraud and Scams
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Weinschenk, PhD could speak about Music and the Brain, or The Science of Creativity as she is an international speaker on brain and behavioral science (847) 909-5946
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
- Deb Traeder would help to arrange for Olivia Hill as a guest speaker. She is the new Executive Director of the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Deb can be reached at (715) 845-6279. Extension 101
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month · Gary France (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month · Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month · Nate Birchler (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Kyle Page, Tim Bodette and Aaron Mull
Fourth Thursday of the Month · Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month · Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis · Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
July 9 Board Meeting
Aug. 28-29 Powerboat Races, RV show and live music??
Late September RYLA in Manitowish Waters
Fall Possible Honor Flight trips started again
April 9-16, 2021 Ireland trip
WELCOME! We offer a heartfelt welcome to our newest members – George Snyder and Kate Florek!!
WEBR Board of Directors for 2020-2021
- Dave Anderson, President
- Jim Warsaw, President-Elect
- Kalynn Pempek, Past President
- Randy Winter, Secretary
- Todd Hagedorn, Treasurer
- Greg Bardonner, Sergeant at Arms
Directors at Large
- Jennifer Havel
- Jeff Lindell
- Larissa Rebhan
- Mike Schlichte
- Chad Sickler
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
- To Gary France for the recent invocation.
- For all the virtual Happy/Sad dollars given by club members recently. And thanks to Todd for keeping a running tally!
- To our recent visitor – Rebecca Oteri (who will be becoming a member!)
- Thank you to Jennifer Havel, Dave Anderson, and Jim Warsaw for their great work on submitting a grant for Rotary's Covid-19 Response Disaster grant funding. The grant, in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Wausau has provided funding for the Hunger Coalition to support weekend food for 400 kids in rural areas of our county. The program is now in it’s 2nd week. They will be submitting a final grant report and doing additional grant training. Randy Winter shares with the club a video of the program and process. The video is available to watch on our Rotary Facebook page.
- Congratulations to Dave Anderson, on the club's vote of approval of his application as District Governor Nominee. This new role will begin on July 1, 2020 ( if approved by District 6220)
- Dan Schaut introduced our newest Paul Harris fellows -Gary France, Randy Winter, Tim Bodette, and Todd Hagedorn
- Dues: The WEBR Board voted to reduce the club's 4th quarter dues to reflect the cost of 6 meals in May and June (6 x $8 = $48). We will monitor this going forward for possible future adjustments. If any club members need assistance, please contact Dave Anderson
- We will not have a roadside clean-up this Spring. It has been rescheduled to the fall.
- Randy Winter announced that the May attendance was 72%
- At this point in time the Ireland trip has been rescheduled to April 9-16, 2021. Please contact Jean Burgener or Jeff Mills if interested.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??