Wausau Early Birds
April 25, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
April 25 Rhonda Werner Schultz Beth Mueller Zriny, Anderson & Bardonner
May 2 Travis White Jeff Mills Bezucha, Birchler & Brainard
May 9 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
May 16 Randy Winter Amy Mettlach (Jarvis for Brainard on the 16th)
May 23 Amy Wood Ann Lucas
May 30 No Meeting
June 6 Jeff Zriny Michael Loy Burgener, Connor & Draeger
June 13 Team Work Day Karla Lodholz
June 20 Dave Anderson Jeff Lindell
June 27 Meeting at Challenge Statue
Mary Weller invited Jack Hoogendyk from the Hope Life Center.
Rhonda Werner Schultz has the program.
- For May 16, Randy Winter has invited Mark MacDonald, owner of the Woodchucks who will share info on this year’s team, special events, economic impact of the team on Wausau, and more.
- For May 2, Travis White has invited Doug Cheever General Manager of Wausau Country Club to talk about the history, current status, and future of the Wausau Country Club.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Rueber (297-8114) to speak regarding: Making Your Spring Break Count Double: Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Destination opportunities.
- Kalynn Pempek and Steve Goetsch to speak in May about the new Aspirus Family House.
- Vicki Resech. MCDEVCO, Inc. – to talk about the new co-working and idea sharing space being established April 1 along with program offerings for Marathon County Entrepreneurs. (contact Jim Warsaw for contact info)
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull, Kevin Sorenson and Cindy Mueller
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
May 2 Board Meeting
May 9 Prayer Breakfast – Immanuel Baptist Church
May 13 Honor Flight
May 17-19 District Governor’s Conference -Wisconsin Dells
June 1-5 Rotary International Conference in Hamburg, Germany
June 13 Prayer Breakfast
Sept. 21-22 Power Boat Races
Sept. 27-29 RYLA
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Tim Strasser had his winning ticket picked. He chose to donate ½ of the day’s ticket sales ($35) to Pedro.
- To Jeff Zriny for filling in for the invocation and bringing guest Molly Bennett.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Ray Connor announces that the White family will be hosting our Rotary Exchange student Guillermo when he arrives in July. The Strassers will host our second student Karl for half the year with the Connors taking the second half of his stay. During Ray’s hosting duties, Jim Warsaw will temporarily become the RYE officer.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?