Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
August 15, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
August 15 Scott Brainard Gary France Hemp, Jarvis & Kinney
August 22 Jean Burgener JoAnn Draeger
August 29 No Meeting
September 5 Ray Connor Ray Connor Klosinski, Lindell & Lodholz
September 12 Group Work Day Jean Burgener
September 19 No Meeting (Races this weekend)
September 26 JoAnn Draeger Scott Brainard
October 3 RYLA Students Tim Bodette Loy, Lucas & Mettlach
October 10 Group Work Day Nate Birchler
October 17 Gary France Gary Bezucha
October 24 Todd Hagedorn Greg Bardonner
October 31 No Meeting
The club had a group work day.
Scott Brainard has the program and he has invited Dave Anderson to present on his recent trip to the Rotary International conference in Hamburg, Germany.
- For August 22, Jean Burgener has invited Paul and Connie Dobbratz to speak on the Fraud Watch Network.
- For October 3, our RYLA students will be the program. They are Megan Szekeress - DC Everest, Molly Schaefer -Wausau West, Autumn Drake Dabler -Wausau East and Elise Raschke -Newman
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Rueber (297-8114) to speak regarding: Making Your Spring Break Count Double: Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Destination opportunities.
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
- After mid-September, Deb Traeder would help to arrange for Olivia Hill as a guest speaker. She will be the new Executive Director of the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Deb can be reached at (715) 845-6279. Extension 101
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Larissa Rebhahn and Aaron Mull
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
August 29 Rotary Social at the Hilton Garden Inn from 5-7
Sept. 2 Honor Flight
Sept. 12 Board Meeting
Sept. 21-22 Power Boat Races
Sept. 27-29 RYLA
Oct. 21 Honor Flight
Jan. 10-12 Love is International
May 1-2, 2020 District Conference – Oshkosh
- Greg Bardonner shared an overview of a proposed 12-Days of Christmas fundraiser/ progressive cash raffle event and asked club members to contact him or members of the Mission Support Group with feedback in order to gauge support of this event as a way to fund the club's local and international service work.
- Jeff Mills and Jean Burgener provided an update on the Week in Ireland Trip (March 29-April 4, 2020) fundraiser and encouraged members to register by July 31 for discounted rates, and no later than September 15, 2019. Members are encouraged to bring family and friends and to share the trip information with people they know. The current total of travelers is 22.
- In addition, Tim Bodette asks that members save the weekend of September 21-22 for the powerboat races and our concession stand.
WELCOME AND FAREWELL
We happily welcome new member Jack Hoogendyk. Our club also bids a reluctant farewell to Ken Moberg, John Kelly and Cindy Mueller. Thank you for your service and dedication to our club!
- Nate Birchler – Canadian Rockies - bowl
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Sheryl Hemp had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Todd Hagedorn for the invocation.
- To our visitor Silas Maynor.
- To Pat Kinney for filling in as Sergeant.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Jan Klosinski is looking for Reading to Go supplies for the Fall. She will accept donations of paper, writing supplies or money.
- Congratulations to Gary Bezucha, Jan Klosinski and Mike Schlichte for achieving their Paul Harris Fellow recognitions. Beth Mueller achieved a level x2 and Gary France a level x5. In addition, Jeff Zriny achieved another Paul Harris Fellow recognition. These recognitions acknowledges individuals who contribute $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation.
- Jean Burgener announces that we will be sending 4 students to the September RYLA conference.
- A date will be announced soon for a 6 club district social with the District Governor.
- Our club will be sharing a booth with the noon club at the Chamber expo in the Spring.
- Ray Connor announces that the White family will be hosting our Rotary Exchange student Guillermo when he arrives this month. The Strassers will host our second student Karl for half the year with the Connors taking the second half of his stay. Karl will also be arriving this month. During Ray’s hosting duties, Jim Warsaw will temporarily become the RYE officer.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.