Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
August 6, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
August 6 Dan Schaut Ali Wolf Hagedorn, Hamann & Havel
August 13 Bill Skarie Randy Winter
August 20 No Meeting (District Governor at Monday Rotary Club)
August 27 Scott Slajus Rhonda Werner Schultz
September 3 Stephanie Smith Mary Weller Hemp, Jarvis & Kelly
September 10 Tim Strasser Mary Weber
Mike Schlichte had the program and talked about the 2015 Bike for Honor Flight event. In addition, JoAnn Draeger reported on the golf for honor flight event.
Dan Schaut has invited Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- For August 13, Bill Skarie has invited Mary Hilliker. She will be discussing yoga techniques and has recently opened a yoga studio business called 5 Koshas Yoga.
- For the week of August 20th, we will not have a regular Thursday meeting due to Rick Jansing, district governor, visiting Wausau that week. We will have a joint meeting with the noon club on Monday August 17th. Their meeting starts @ noon and is held at the Jefferson Street Inn.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- David “Ski” Wetuski to speak about the local VA Clinic – (715) 842-1724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barb Sugden from Catholic Charities to speak in August about the Warming Center and volunteer needs for the winter season (715) 849-3311 x1729 or bsugden@CCLSE.org
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or email@example.com
- Frank Wierzbanowski – officer for the DC Everest school district
- Travis Diederich with the Wellness Champions – (715) 575-1709
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS SPECIAL MESSAGE
I am unable to be at Rotary this week, may I please remind you that you are all invited to a “SURPRISE” retirement luncheon for Joni, our Executive Director of Mobil Meals. It will be Wednesday, August 5th at the First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, 406 Grant Street. From 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm. Please come and join us for lunch. I will have a sign up sheet next week at our meeting. Hope you are able to attend and remember, it is a SURPRISE. Thank you for all the support you have given Mobile Meals. –Mary Weller
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Dee Dunn, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White (LOA) and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull and Jean Burgener
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
Information is now available on Donor and Sponsorship opportunities for our fall event! All members are encouraged to solicit both donors and sponsors.
August 6 Board Meeting
August 23 Bike for Honor Flight Event
August 31 Golf for Honor Flight Event
September 28 Honor Flight
October 12 Honor Flight
Nov. 7 Music & Martinis
- Rachel Rogness Camlek – Iowa – fish shaped pitcher
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
WELCOME and FAREWELL
A big welcome to our newest member Dee Dunn!! And…farewell to Gretchen Brown who is leaving the area for new employment.
Jo Ann Draeger had her winning tickets picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Jeff Zriny for the invocation
- To Randy Winter for his amazing year as our President!
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- Congratulations to the following Paul Harris Fellows as announced by Dan Schaut – 2nd level Tim Bodette and 1st level Sheryl Hemp
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.