Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 3, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 3 Music&Martinis Program Mary Weller Hemp, Jarvis & Kelly
September 10 Tim Strasser Mary Weber
September 17 Tammy Szekeress Jim Warsaw
September 24 Jim Warsaw Tammy Szekeress
October 1 Mary Weber Tim Strasser Kersemeier, Kinney & Klosinski
October 8 Mary Weller Scott Slajus
October 15 Rhonda Werner Schultz Bill Skarie
October 22 Randy Winter Mike Schlichte
October 29 Ali Wolf Dan Schaut
Scott Slajus invited Barb Sugden from Catholic Charities to speak about the Warming Center and their needs for volunteers.
We will not be meeting at Wausau Country club due to some club event. Pastor Ray has secured his church hall for the meeting. He will have the doors open @ 6:30 and asks that people park in the back parking lot. Breakfast will be catered in by CJ’s. The program focus will be the Music and Martinis fundraiser. Jim Warsaw will be talking about donations and sponsorships and Jan Klosinski will be addressing the club regarding literacy.
- For September 17, Tammy Szekeress and Maggie Gordon will be giving an overview of the Children’s Museum of Marathon County.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David “Ski” Wetuski to speak about the local VA Clinic – (715) 842-1724 or email@example.com
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Wierzbanowski – officer for the DC Everest school district
- Travis Diederich with the Wellness Champions – (715) 575-1709
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White (LOA) and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
Information is now available on Donor and Sponsorship opportunities for our fall event! All members are encouraged to solicit both donors and sponsors.
September 3 Board Meeting
September 28 Honor Flight
October 3 Wrut n Run event for downtown club
October 8 Board Meeting
October 12 Honor Flight
Nov. 7 Music & Martinis
- Kyle Page – PGA tournament – T-shirt, hat and ball markers
- Bill Skarie – Kansas City – cow plaque
- Pastor Ray – Buffalo – wing sauce
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
WELCOME and FAREWELL
A big welcome to our newest member Dee Dunn!! And…farewell to Gretchen Brown and Stephanie Smith.
Nate Birchler had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Rhonda Werner-Schulz for the invocation
- To our recent greeters Hagedorn, Hamann and Havel
- To our visitors Curt from Mobile Meals and Deb Trader from the Noon Rotary group.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.