Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
October 1, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
October 1 Mary Weber Tim Strasser Kersemeier, Kinney & Klosinski
October 8 Mary Weller Scott Slajus
October 15 Rhonda Werner Schultz Bill Skarie
October 22 Randy Winter Mike Schlichte
October 29 Ali Wolf Dan Schaut
November 5 No Meeting (Music and Martinis on 11/7)
November 12 Jeff Zriny Pat Puyleart Lechner, Lindell &Lucas
November 19 Greg Bardonner Lindy Penn
November 26 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
Nate Birchler invited Patrick Hoerter from Jo Jo’s Jungle/playground which is an all- inclusive playground for children with special needs.
Mary Weber has invited Katherine Gaulke, PhD, MHA, Executive Director WI Assn of Free & Charitable Clinics, Inc. She will be speaking on: Health Insurance update and gaps still remaining and tips on what to tell employees
- For October 8, Mary Weller will be presenting a very brief description of her new genealogy book.
- For October 22, Randy Winter has invited Amanda Flannery, who is the STEM Scout Executive for the Samoset Council. STEM Scouts in the Samoset Council is one of just a handful of pilot programs throughout the United States. STEM is short for Science, Technology, Engineering & Math. Amanda will share information on why Samoset Council was chosen to be a pilot, and will also do an experiment.
- For October 29, Ali Wolf will invite the RYLA students.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- David “Ski” Wetuski to speak about the local VA Clinic – (715) 842-1724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or email@example.com
- Frank Wierzbanowski – officer for the DC Everest school district
- Travis Diederich with the Wellness Champions – (715) 575-1709
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
Current sponsorship total - $8000
Raffle items - 5
Information is now available on Donor and Sponsorship opportunities for our fall event! All members are encouraged to solicit both donors and sponsors.
October 3 Wrut n Run event for downtown club
October 2-4 RYLA event
October 8 Board Meeting
October 12 Honor Flight
Oct. 16-17 Rye Conference
Oct. 16-17 Highway Clean-up
Nov. 7 District 6220 Assembly and Rotary One Summit at UWMC
Nov. 7 Music & Martinis
- Ali Wolf – Door County – cherry products basket
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
WELCOME and FAREWELL
A big welcome to our newest member Dee Dunn!! And…farewell to Gretchen Brown, Janna Hamann and Stephanie Smith.
Jean Burgener had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Tammy Szekeress for the invocation
- To our visitor Michael Loy from NCHC
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- The Board recently approved sending up to 4 students to the upcoming RYLA conference in October
- Jan announced that August attendance was 88%
- Pastor Ray announces that we will have a Rotary exchange student from Zimbabwe in January.
- Congratulations to Gary France who was presented his 6th level Paul Harris Fellow award by Dan Schaut
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz–www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.