Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
October 22, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
October 22 Randy Winter Mike Schlichte Kersemeier, Kinney & Klosinski
October 29 Ali Wolf Dan Schaut
November 5 No Meeting (Music and Martinis on 11/7)
November 12 Jeff Zriny Pat Puyleart Lechner, Lindell & Lucas
November 19 Greg Bardonner Lindy Penn
November 26 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
December 3 Becky Besaw Kyle Page Maas, Mills & Moberg
December 10 Jim Warsaw Rick Nevers
December 17 Tim Bodette Aaron Mull
December 24 No Meeting (Christmas)
December 31 No Meeting (Happy New Year)
Rhonda Werner Schultz invited Marlin Block and Chip from Therapy Dogs International.
Randy Winter has invited Amanda Flannery, who is the STEM Scout Executive for the Samoset Council. STEM Scouts in the Samoset Council is one of just a handful of pilot programs throughout the United States. STEM is short for Science, Technology, Engineering & Math. Amanda will share information on why Samoset Council was chosen to be a pilot, and will also do an experiment.
- For October 29, Ali Wolf will invite the RYLA students.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- David “Ski” Wetuski to speak about the local VA Clinic – (715) 842-1724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or email@example.com
- Frank Wierzbanowski – officer for the DC Everest school district
- Travis Diederich with the Wellness Champions – (715) 575-1709
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
Current sponsorship total - $11,000+
Raffle items – 25+
Information is now available on Donor and Sponsorship opportunities for our fall event! All members are encouraged to solicit both donors and sponsors.
Nov. 7 District 6220 Assembly and Rotary One Summit at UWMC
Nov. 7 Music & Martinis
Nov. 12 Board Meeting
- Jeff Mills – NYC – liquor
- JoAnn Draeger – Las Vegas – wine and wine opener
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
WELCOME and FAREWELL
A big welcome to our newest member Dee Dunn!! And…farewell to Gretchen Brown, Janna Hamann and Stephanie Smith.
Amy Wood had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Bill Skarie for the invocation
- To Michael Loy for his visits to our club
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- Pastor Ray announces that we will have a Rotary exchange student from Zimbabwe in January.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.