Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
January 21, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
January 21 Jim Warsaw (for Rachel) Beth Mueller Mueller, Mueller & Mull
January 28 Jean Burgener Jeff Mills
February 4 Ray Connor Jesse Maas Nevers, Page & Penn
February 11 JoAnn Draeger Ann Lucas
February 18 No Meeting (President’s Dinner)
February 25 Dee Dunn Michael Loy
March 3 Gary France Jeff Lindell Puyleart, Schaut & Schlichte
March 10 Steve Goetsch Mary Jo Lechner
March 17 Todd Hagedorn Jan Klosinski
Jesse Maas (for Tom Brunner) invited Carissa Johnston & Kimberly Van Hoof of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin who discussed their Wausau area facilities and programs in hopes of increasing awareness.
Jim Warsaw has invited Rene Daniels, Executive Director of North Central Wisconsin Workforce Development Board to present a program.
- For January 28, Jean Burgener has invited Joanne Kelly from the United Way who will talk about the newly released Life Report.
- For February 4, Ray Connor has invited John Townshend to give information on the Rotary Global Grant Scholarship program. Also presenting today will be Tracy Wilichowski the District 6220 – 2014-2015 Global Grant Scholarship Recipient. She will talk about her study at the London School of Economics.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Per John Kelly, for February a possible speaker is Pastor Isidro from the Dominican Republic to update the club on the water grant
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org) (in the Spring)
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
Jan. 30 District 6220 Annual Assembly – UWMC – Wausau – 9:00-4:00
Feb. 4 Board Meeting
Feb. 19 President’s Dinner at The Great Dane
March 31 Club Social
April 18 Honor Flight
May 16 Honor Flight
June 30 Club Social
September 29 Club Social
December 29 Club Social??
Please welcome our Rotary exchange student Ruva (Ruvarashe Mukonoweshuro) from Zimbabwe!!
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Amy Wood had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- Per Jan Klosinski our December attendance was 100%
- Per Todd Hagedorn we have approximately $54,000 in cash available
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.