Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
February 25, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 25 John Kelly Ann Lucas Nevers, Page & Penn
March 3 Gary France Jeff Lindell Puyleart, Schaut & Schlichte
March 10 Dee Dunn Mary Jo Lechner
March 17 Steve Goetsch Jan Klosinski
March 24 Club Assembly Patrick Kinney
March 31 Todd Hagedorn Craig Kersemeier
April 7 Jennifer Havel John Kelly Skarie, Slajus & Strasser
April 14 Sheryl Hemp Dick Jarvis
April 21 Dick Jarvis Sheryl Hemp
April 28 Craig Kersemeier Jennifer Havel
May 5 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
JoAnn Draeger asked Ruva, our foreign exchange student, to do the presentation and tell us about her background.
John Kelly has invited Jeff Tarras and Russ Bahr who will present an update on The Fellowship Of Christian Athletes.
- For March 10, Dee Dunn has invited Mari Stein who is the regional director for Junior Achievement.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
March 3 Board Meeting
March 31 Club Social
April 18 Honor Flight
May 13-15 District Assembly in Stevens Point
May 16 Honor Flight
June 30 Club Social
September 29 Club Social
December 29 Club Social??
Please welcome our Rotary exchange student Ruva (Ruvarashe Mukonoweshuro) from Zimbabwe!!
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Nate Birchler had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Michael Loy for the invocation
- To Randy Winter for coordinating the recent President’s dinner! It was a great success!
Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self Award Winner – Dick Jarvis. He joins our previous winners – Ann Lucas and Pat Puyleart
- Ann Lucas gave an update on our club’s continued commitment to donating eggs to local food pantries.
- We are currently looking for a female RYE officer to work with Tom Brunner and our exchange students. Ray Connor will be the RYE officer for next year. We are also looking for host families for our August in-bound student. We also need a fall host for Ruva.
- In regards to spending time with Ruva, all are encouraged to arrange these activities. If an overnight activity is planned you need to be an adult over 18 and give him your Social Security number. This would be for a background check.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.