Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
January 24, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
January 24 Jennifer Guerndt Ann Lucas Brunner, Burgener & Connor
January 31 Todd Hagedorn Jeff Lindell
February 7 No Meeting (Anniversary Dinner on Friday)
February 14 Janna Hamann Jan Klosinski Draeger, France & Grice
February 21 Sheryl Hemp Patrick Kinney
February 28 Dick Jarvis Patrick Kemppainen
We had a club assembly to thank Rose and Aaron and Chris of the Rose Garden. Memorial plans to honor Mike were also discussed. Finally, alternate sites for future meetings and the Anniversary Dinner were reviewed. The Anniversary dinner will be held at the Fairfield Inn and the weekly meeting site is to be determined.
The Fall Fest Committee will be presenting a survey.
UPCOMING MEETING SITES
1/24 Rose Garden
1/31 Rose Garden
2/7 No Meeting
2/8 President’s dinner at the Fairfield Inn. 5:30 cocktails and silent auction. 7:00 dinner
2/14 Weston Lanes
2/21 Wausau Country Club
After the 3/7 meeting, we will decide on our meeting place.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Austin Krejci – a preparedness volunteer at the Marathon Chapter of the Red Cross – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Johnson from the Autism Society – (715) 359-0886 or (715) 370-3505
January Literacy Month (non-fiction reading to students)
Feb. 6 Board meeting
Feb. 8 Anniversary Dinner
April 22 Honor Flight
May 13 Honor Flight
September 9 Honor Flight
October 28 Honor Flight
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
The club voted to use the jackpot as a special gift to Rose and Aaron.
- To Ann Meyer for the invocation.
- To Pat Puyleart and volunteers for the Love is International weekend.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- We received a thank you note for our $500 donation to Christmas for Mommies.
- We received a thank you email from Chris thanking us for the card and gift!
- We received notice that Jerry Mourey has officially resigned from the club.
- Greg Bardonner and Mary Weller are the new youth scholarship coordinators. They recently met with Kalynn and expect a smooth transition!
- JoAnn Draeger and Mary Weller will be revamping the New Member Guide for the club.
- The road rally committee of Mary Weller, Randy Winter and Pat Kinney is requesting additional volunteers.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/
In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.