Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
June 23, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
June 23 Jesse Maas Ray Connor Weber, Weller & Werner-Schultz
June 30 Meeting at the Kayak Statue
July 7 Kevin Maloney Jean Burgener White, Winter & Zriny
July 14 Jeff Mills Scott Brainard
July 21 Ken Moberg Tim Bodette
July 28 Beth Mueller Greg Bardonner
August 4 Cindy Mueller Jeff Zriny Bardonner, Bodette & Brainard
Ann Lucas invited Ben Weller to talk about his business Relax LaCrosse.
Jesse Maas has invited Mike Schlichte to present an update on the real estate market
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
- For the July 14th program Jeff Mills has invited Dr Bill Skarie.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs. And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Lowell Peterson, M.D., 2627 Beechwood Ct. Appleton, WI 54911. firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-739-8004 from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII
- Barbara Bolton: Local Author and Human Trafficking Activist (per Jay St. Clair)
- Dick Peterson: Security Film Window Enhancements (per Jay St. Clair)
- Kevin Maloney to speak on what he does as a financial representative with Thrivent Financial.
- Beto Araya, owner/operator of Condor Coffee Company here in Wausau (per Kevin Maloney)
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month:Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
June 23 Music and Martinis meeting
June 30 Club Social at Woodchucks game
July 7 Board Meeting
September 12 Honor Flight
September 29 Club Social
October 10 Honor Flight
December 29 Club Social??
- Kyle Page – Italy and Switzerland – shawl, wine, limoncello, dessert wine, chocolate & cherry liquor
- Ann Lucas – Houston – appetizer plates
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Our visitor Adam Siewert had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble missing out on a chance to win over $200. Better luck next time.
- To Kevin DeMeyer for the invocation
- To our visitors today Adam, Josh, Michaela and Austin.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Amy Wood also thanks Ann Lucas for her service in holding and tracking President’s Pantry items for the past few years. Randy Winter will have this job going forward.
- Ray Connor announced that we will not have a Rotary exchange student for the fall due to not having a host family.
- Jan Klosinski announced that May attendance was 91.71%
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.