Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
July 14, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 14 Jeff Mills Scott Brainard White,Winter & Zriny
July 21 Ken Moberg Tim Bodette
July 28 Beth Mueller Greg Bardonner
August 4 Cindy Mueller Jeff Zriny Bardonner, Bodette & Brainard
August 11 Aaron Mull Amy Wood
August 18 Rick Nevers Randy Winter
August 25 Kyle Page Travis White
Two weeks ago, we met at the kayak statue to wrap up our Rotary year. Many thanks to Amy Wood for her year of service as our club president! And…welcome to Nate Birchler as he starts his term as club president. At the meeting, Mary Weller was also named as the Service Above Self Award winner. Congratulations Mary!
Last week Kevin Maloney had the program and he spoke about his job as a financial representative for Thrivent Financial.
Jeff Mills has invited Dr Bill Skarie.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.?
- For July 21, Ken Moberg has invited John Kelly to speak about Leading with Power.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org) (in the Spring)
- Lowell Peterson, M.D., 2627 Beechwood Ct. Appleton, WI 54911. email@example.com or 920-739-8004 from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII
- Barbara Bolton: Local Author and Human Trafficking Activist (per Jay St. Clair)
- Dick Peterson: Security Film Window Enhancements (per Jay St. Clair)
- Beto Araya, owner/operator of Condor Coffee Company here in Wausau (per Kevin Maloney)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month:Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
August 4 Board Meeting
September 12 Honor Flight
September 29 Club Social
October 10 Honor Flight
December 29 Club Social??
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
?? had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble missing out on a chance to win over $200. Better luck next time.
- To Jean Burgener for the invocation
- To our guest Mike Martin for visiting
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- The new Rotary International President is John F Germ. Diane Dapernick will take over from Rick Jansen as the district governor and we are still our honored to have own Pat Puyleart as assistant district governor.
- Ray Connor announced that we will not have a Rotary exchange student for the fall due to not having a host family.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?