Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
July 28, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 28 Beth Mueller Greg Bardonner White,Winter & Zriny
August 4 Cindy Mueller Jeff Zriny Bardonner, Bodette & Brainard
August 11 Aaron Mull Amy Wood
August 18 Rick Nevers Randy Winter
August 25 Kyle Page Travis White
September 1 Lindy Penn Rhonda Werner Schultz Burgener, Connor & DeMeyer
September 8 Pat Puyleart Mary Weller
September 15 Dan Schaut Mary Weber
September 22 Mike Schlichte Jim Warsaw
September 29 Scott Slajus Scott Thompson
Two weeks ago, Jeff Mills invited Dr Bill Skarie who spoke about a personal experience. He then informed the group that he will be resigning from the club because he is moving from the area.
Last week, Ken Moberg invited John Kelly who spoke about Leading with Power.
Beth Mueller has the program and it will be all about donations for Music & Martini's. It will be conducted by Jean, Lindy and Ann.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.?
- For August 4, Cindy Mueller has invited Pam Anderson from the housing and homeless coalition.
- For August 25, Kyle Page has invited Jahn Martin – the President of CWOCC (Central Wisconsin Off-Road Cycling Coalition) to talk to us about who they are, what they do and some of the projects that they are currently working on.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Lowell Peterson, M.D., 2627 Beechwood Ct. Appleton, WI 54911. firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-739-8004 from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII
- Barbara Bolton: Local Author and Human Trafficking Activist (per Jay St. Clair)
- Dick Peterson: Security Film Window Enhancements (per Jay St. Clair)
- Beto Araya, owner/operator of Condor Coffee Company here in Wausau (per Kevin Maloney)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
August 4 Board Meeting
September 12 Honor Flight
September 29 Club Social
October 10 Honor Flight
November 12 Music and Martinis
December 29 Club Social??
January 6-8 Love is International
- Pat Kinney – Alaska – scarves and a necklace
- Beth Mueller - Colorado
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Two weeks ago, Kyle page had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble missing out on a chance to win over $200. Last week Tim Strasser also picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Scott Brainard and Tim Bodette for our recent invocations.
- To our recent visitors – Mike Matuszak, Adam Siewert and Jim Schultz.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self winner – Mary Weller!!
- The Board voted to give $750 to the Girl Scouts for their 8/11 event and $100 to the Merrill Rotary for a mission project. The club budget was also approved. A possible club project will also be pursued.
- The new Rotary International President is John F Germ. Diane Dapernick will take over from Rick Jansen as the district governor and we are still our honored to have own Pat Puyleart as assistant district governor.
- The Rotary exchange student for the fall will be Mariaisabel from Venezuela.
- Jan Klosinski announced that June attendance was 65%.
- President Nate Birchler announces that our club will be reviewing the club by-laws and working on a club visioning and strategic plan. He is looking for assistance in this project.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.