Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 1, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 1 Pat Puyleart Rhonda Werner Schultz Burgener, Connor & DeMeyer
September 8 Lindy Penn Mary Weller
September 15 Dan Schaut Mary Weber
September 22 Mike Schlichte Jim Warsaw
September 29 Adam Siewert Scott Thompson
October 6 Kevin Maloney Tammy Szekeress Draeger, Dunn & France
October 13 Jay St. Clair Tim Strasser
October 20 Tim Strasser Jay St. Clair
October 27 Tammy Szekeress Adam Siewert
Kyle Page invited Jahn Martin – the President of CWOCC (Central Wisconsin Off-Road Cycling Coalition) who talked to us about who they are, what they do and some of the projects that they are currently working on.
Pat Puyleart has invited Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.?
- For September 8, Lindy Penn has invited her son Steve Penn of Northwestern Mutual who will be presenting on Long Term Care
- For October 6th, Kevin Maloney has invited Alberto (Beto) Araya, MD, who is also owner/operator of Condor Coffee Company here in Wausau to tell us all about coffee and their charitable work.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Dick Peterson: Security Film Window Enhancements (per Jay St. Clair)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- Pastor Ray regarding his mission trip to Cordova Alaska
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
- Music & Martini’s fundraising event to be held at 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 12th at the Wausau Country Club
- Your monetary or in-kind donation will assist our club in our efforts to enhance the quality of life in Marathon County by allowing us to contribute to the growth of local organizations. Please RSVP your donation, sponsorship, or ticket purchase by clicking the Music & Martinis link on our homepage: www.WausauEarlyRotary.org
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
September 1 Board Meeting
September Sign up for classroom readers
September 12 Honor Flight
September 15 The meeting will be held at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church. Arrive using the Park Ridge
September 29 Club Social
October 10 Honor Flight
November 12 Music and Martinis
December 29 Club Social??
January 6-8 Love is International
- Pastor Ray – wine glasses - Cordova Alaska
- Pastor Ray – Packer banner – Door County
- Greg Bardonner – UP of Michigan – wine
- Ann Lucas – South Dakota – Mt. Rushmore sweatshirt
- Sheryl Hemp – South Dakota – earrings and soap
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
We welcome our newest club members Michael Matuszak and Adam Siewert even as we say goodbye to long-time members Bill Skarie, Scott Slajus and Ali Wolf.
Scott Brainard had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble missing out on a chance to win over $300. Better luck next time.
- To Travis White for our recent invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self winner – Mary Weller!!
- The Rotary exchange student for the fall will be Mariaisabel from Venezuela.
- President Nate Birchler announces that our club will be reviewing the club by-laws and working on a club visioning and strategic plan. He is looking for assistance in this project. We may also have some board vacancies that need to be filled.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?