Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
February 14, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 14 Janna Hamann Jan Klosinski Draeger, France & Grice
February 21 Sheryl Hemp Patrick Kinney
February 28 Dick Jarvis Patrick Kemppainen
March 7 Patrick Kemppainen Dick Jarvis Guerndt, Hagedorn & Hamann
March 14 Patrick Kinney Sheryl Hemp
March 21 Ray Connor Janna Hamann
March 28 Jeff Lindell Todd Hagedorn
We did not have a meeting last week and instead had the Anniversary Dinner on Friday. Many thanks to Pat Kinney, Ann Lucas and Dean Dietrich and all the volunteers for this successful event!
Janna Hamann has invited Diane Abitz from Stable Hands.
UPCOMING MEETING SITES
2/14 Weston Lanes
2/21 Wausau Country Club
After the 3/7 meeting, we will decide on our meeting place.
- For February 21, Sheryl Hemp has invited Rep. Mandy Wright to give us an update on the State Assembly.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Austin Krejci – a preparedness volunteer at the Marathon Chapter of the Red Cross – email@example.com
- Mike Johnson from the Autism Society – (715) 359-0886 or (715) 370-3505
March 6 Board Meeting
April 22 Honor Flight
May 13 Honor Flight
September 9 Honor Flight
October 28 Honor Flight
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
With a new jackpot at stake, Sheryl Hemp had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time Sheryl!
- To Jeff Lindell for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our Board of Directors has approved a $250 donation to “A Walk in Their Shoes”.
- JoAnn Draeger and Mary Weller will be revamping the New Member Guide for the club.
- The road rally committee of Mary Weller, Randy Winter and Pat Kinney is requesting additional volunteers.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.