Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 15, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 15 Tim Strasser Mary Weber Burgener, Connor & DeMeyer
September 22 Mike Schlichte Jim Warsaw
September 29 Adam Siewert Scott Thompson
October 6 Kevin Maloney Tammy Szekeress Draeger, Dunn & France
October 13 Jay St. Clair Tim Strasser
October 20 Dan Schaut Jay St. Clair
October 27 Tammy Szekeress Adam Siewert
Lindy Penn invited her son Steve Penn of Northwestern Mutual who presented on Long Term Care.
Tim Strasser has invited Jesse Maas and Dee Dunn who will be giving an update on Music and Martinis
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
- For September 22, Mike Schlichte has invited Di Dappern the District 6220 Governor who will be visiting and giving an update
- For September 29, Adam Siewert has invited Erik Rajek from Ridgestone Bank who will be talking about the Small Business Administration and what their loan programs have to offer the small businesses of our market.
- For October 6th, Kevin Maloney has invited Alberto (Beto) Araya, MD, who is also owner/operator of Condor Coffee Company here in Wausau to tell us all about coffee and their charitable work.
- For October 13th, Jay St. Clair has invited Dick Peterson from Security Film Window Enhancements
- For October 20th, Dan Schaut has invited Tony Omernik who will be speaking on the RSVP volunteer program from the United Way
- For October 27th, Tammy Szekeress has invited Ron Glaman of Vino Latte who will speak about wine 101
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- Pastor Ray regarding his mission trip to Cordova Alaska
- Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII – contact Pat Puyleart for more information
- Our club recently donated $100 to a student from Merrill who will be traveling to Nicaragua. She sent the club a thank you note and volunteered to give a presentation upon her return. Nate would have the details
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MUSIC AND MARTINIS
- Music & Martini’s fundraising event to be held at 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 12th at the Wausau Country Club
- Your monetary or in-kind donation will assist our club in our efforts to enhance the quality of life in Marathon County by allowing us to contribute to the growth of local organizations. Please RSVP your donation, sponsorship, or ticket purchase by clicking the Music & Martinis link on our homepage: www.WausauEarlyRotary.org
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS – the current roster is being revised (please contact Mary Weller if interested)
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Rachel Camlek
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn and Jean Burgener
September Sign up as classroom readers for the 11th year of Reading to Go
September 15 The meeting will be held at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church. Arrive using the
Park Ridge Drive entrance.
September 29 Club Social?
Sept. 30-Oct. 2 RYLA
October 6 Board Meeting
October 10 Honor Flight
November 12 Music and Martinis
December 29 Club Social??
January 6-8 Love is International
- Travis White – Minocqua - Bourbon from Northern Waters Distillery and also a gift certificate for 1 bottle and a tour for 10 people from the owner
- Ken Moberg – Door County – salsa and dips
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
We welcome our newest club members Michael Matuszak and Adam Siewert even as we say goodbye to long-time members Bill Skarie, Scott Slajus and Ali Wolf.
Nate Birchler had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble missing out on a chance to win over $500. Better luck next time.
- To Mary Weller for our recent invocation.
- To JoAnn Draeger and Mike Schlichte for their outstanding efforts in raising funds for the Honor Flights!
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Congratulations to our newest Service Above Self winner – Mary Weller!!
- The Rotary exchange student for the fall will be Mariaisabel from Venezuela.
- Treasurer’s report – per Todd Hagedorn we have about $40,000 in cash
- Per Jan Klosinski, this will be the 11th year of the Reading to Go program. Schools chosen this year are Hatley, Riverside, Riverview, St. Marks and Trinity
- President Nate Birchler announces that our club will be reviewing the club by-laws and working on a club visioning and strategic plan. He is looking for assistance in this project. We may also have some board vacancies that need to be filled.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.