Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
December 15, 2016
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
December 15 Randy Winter Pat Puyleart Hemp, Jarvis & Kelly
December 22 Amy Wood Aaron Mull
December 29 No Meeting (Holiday break)
January 5 Jeff Zriny Cindy Mueller Kinney, Klosinski & Lechner
January 12 Greg Bardonner Jean Burgener
January 19 Club Assembly Ken Moberg
January 26 Tim Bodette Jeff Mills
Travis White invited Deanna Schuette, past chair of Leadership Wisconsin who spoke about the program.
Randy Winter has invited Dr. Jake Prunuske, who is the Assistant Dean for Clinical Learning at the new Medical College of Wisconsin – Central Wisconsin School in Wausau. He will share information on the first year of classes, how this school is different than other medical colleges, and what type of medicine the doctors who graduate will practice
- For December 22, Amy Wood has invited Pastor Ray to talk about RYE and what it means to host a student.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- Pastor Ray regarding his mission trip to Cordova Alaska
- Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII – contact Pat Puyleart for more information
- Our club recently donated $100 to a student from Merrill who will be traveling to Nicaragua. She sent the club a thank you note and volunteered to give a presentation upon her return. Nate would have the details
- Jim Harris to talk about the new Hmong museum in the Wausau Center Mall (715) 355-1309 (not available January-March)
- Margie Hackbarth- Aspirus Senior Health Service Line Administrator to speak to on the topic of Advance Care Planning. Contact Rick Nevers at (715) 847-2263
- Melissa Lindemann – Director of the Penguin Project for the Central WI Children’s Theater (715) 842-4416
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Kevin Maloney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
January 5 Board Meeting
January 6-8 Love is International
March 9 President’s Dinner – Plaza Hotel
May 20 District 6220 Conference – Green Bay
June 10-14 Rotary International Convention - Atlanta
- Ken Moberg – Marco Island – cutting board and knife
- Randy Winter – Minneapolis – tea and earrings
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jim Warsaw had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Kyle Page for the recent invocation.
- To Mary and Bob Weller for hosting the recent Christmas party!!
- To all the recent Salvation Army bell ringers! And…to Dan Schaut for coordinating!
- To visitor Roger Utnehmer
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- The Rotary exchange student for the fall will be Mariaisabel from Venezuela. We will also have another exchange student coming in August and are looking for host families.
- Amy Wood stated that the club will pursue a strategic planning process building on our last work on this process some years ago. Look for your email link to complete this survey.
- Our club will be applying for a District grant to assist with shipping books to Africa for Ruva’s project.
- Kevin DeMeyer has resigned from the club.
- Jan Klosinski announced that club attendance was 98.78%
- Pat Puyleart is currently recruiting for volunteers to help with the upcoming Love is International weekend January 6-8. Please contact him if you are able to assist.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/. In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?