Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
February 16, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 16 Ray Connor Jesse Maas Lindell, Loy & Lucas
February 23 JoAnn Draeger Ann Lucas
March 2 Dee Dunn Michael Loy Maas, Maloney & Matuszak
March 9 No Meeting (President’s Pantry Dinner at Night)
March 16 Gary France Jeff Lindell
March 23 Steve Goetsch Mary Jo Lechner
March 31 Todd Hagedorn Jan Klosinski
Scott Brainard invited Sean Wright, executive director of the PAF, who discussed what's happening at the Grand and the fund-raising campaign for the PAF.
Pastor Ray has invited Mariaisabelle to speak about her home country!
- For February 23, JoAnn Draeger has invited Chad Esker to talk about his upcoming Epic5 challenge.
- For March 2, Dee Dunn has invited Jean Burgener to speak about the proposed active aging center called The Connections Place.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org) (in the Spring)
- Colin Hanson (A Walk in Their Shoes) at 715-560-8933
- Pastor Ray regarding his mission trip to Cordova Alaska
- Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII – contact Pat Puyleart for more information
- Our club recently donated $100 to a student from Merrill who will be traveling to Nicaragua. She sent the club a thank you note and volunteered to give a presentation upon her return. Nate would have the details
- Jim Harris to talk about the new Hmong museum in the Wausau Center Mall (715) 355-1309 (not available January-March)
- Margie Hackbarth- Aspirus Senior Health Service Line Administrator to speak to on the topic of Advance Care Planning. Contact Rick Nevers at (715) 847-2263
- Melissa Lindemann – Director of the Penguin Project for the Central WI Children’s Theater (715) 842-4416
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Kevin Maloney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
March No Board Meeting
March 9 President’s Dinner – Plaza Hotel
May 20 District 6220 Conference – Green Bay
April 27 Guest Day
June 10-14 Rotary International Convention – Atlanta
Summer Woodchucks game and social
- Amy Wood – Dominican Republic – bracelet and earrings
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jeff Zriny had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a blue marble winning ½ the pot.
HELLO AND GOODBYE
We welcome Gary Bezucha and Kalynn Pempek to our club even as we bid farewell to Rachel Camlek.
- To Kevin Maloney for the recent invocation.
- To Rick Reyer for his third visit. He has now been approved for membership.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Per Jan Klosinski, our club attendance for January was 76%.
- Cindy Mueller and Jim Schultz attended the Rotary Visioning Training last Saturday.
- Pastor Ray has put out an urgent request for a host family for our Rotary student next school year.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?