Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
April 13, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
April 13 Sheryl Hemp John Kelly Mills, Moberg & Cindy Mueller
April 20 Dick Jarvis Dick Jarvis
April 27 John Kelly Sheryl Hemp
May 4 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
May 11 Pat Kinney Jennifer Havel Mull, Page & Puyleart
May 18 Jan Klosinski Todd Hagedorn
May 25 Mary Jo Lechner Steve Goetsch
Jennifer Havel had the program.
Sheryl Hemp has invited Marathon County District Attorney Theresa Wetzsteon to speak.
- For April 20, Dick Jarvis will act as MC as our Rotary Scholarship winners attend the meeting.
- For April 27th Gary France and Jeff Zriny will be doing a club overview/history presentation for guest day.
- May 4th is the Prayer Breakfast to be held from 7-8:30 at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church. The speaker will be Norm Hoyt who is the Director of Leadership Training and Development at Forest Springs Camp and Conference Center
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org) (in the Spring)
- Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII – contact Pat Puyleart for more information
- Our club recently donated $100 to a student from Merrill who will be traveling to Nicaragua. She sent the club a thank you note and volunteered to give a presentation upon her return. Nate would have the details
- Jim Harris to talk about the new Hmong museum in the Wausau Center Mall (715) 355-1309 (not available January-March)
- Margie Hackbarth- Aspirus Senior Health Service Line Administrator to speak to on the topic of Advance Care Planning. Contact Rick Nevers at (715) 847-2263
- Melissa Lindemann – Director of the Penguin Project for the Central WI Children’s Theater (715) 842-4416
- Todd Bohm to speak about the Wounded Warrior Project – contact Jeff Mills
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Kevin Maloney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
April 20 Student Scholarship winners attend our meeting
April 24 Honor Flight
April 27 Guest Day
May Reading to Go
May 4 Board Meeting
May 20 District 6220 Conference – Green Bay
May 22 Honor Flight
June 10-14 Rotary International Convention – Atlanta
September 11 Honor Flight
October 9 Honor Flight
Summer Woodchucks game and social
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Nate Birchler had the winning ticket. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
We welcome Megan Will to our club.
- To Patrick Kinney for the recent invocation.
- To Pat Puyleart for making our beautiful rolling cabinet for storage.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- John Kelly announced that our club received a grant to ship books to Ruva in Zimbabwe.
- Jean Burgener announces that the Rotary student scholarship winners will be attending our club meeting on April 20th. She also thanks Rotary members for volunteering to present the scholarships at their school award nights.
- Per President Nate, we are still looking for a host family for a female student from Mexico starting in August. We are also taking nominations for various board positions.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?