Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
June 8, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
June 8 Michael Loy Dee Dunn Pempek, Reyer & Schulz
June15 Ann Lucas JoAnn Draeger
June 22 Jesse Maas Ray Connor
June 29 Meeting at the Kayak Statue
July 6 No Meeting (4th of July Holiday Week)
July 13 Kevin Maloney Jean Burgener Schlichte, Schaut & St. Clair
July 20 Michael Matuszak Scott Brainard
July 27 Jeff Mills Tim Bodette
Jeff Lindell invited Melissa Lindemann – Director of the Penguin Project for the Central WI Children’s Theater.
Michael Loy has invited the 25th anniversary committee to provide an update.
- For June 15, Ann Lucas has invited the Hunger Coalition of the United Way to give us an update on the egg donation project.
- For June 22, Jesse Maas has invited Lowell Peterson, M.D from the Board of Curators of the WI State Historical Society to speak about the origins of WWII
- For July 20, Michael Matuszak has invited Mari to give a presentation. Also speaking to the club that day will be District Governor Tina Hall.
· It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com) (in the Spring)
- Our club recently donated $100 to a student from Merrill who will be traveling to Nicaragua. She sent the club a thank you note and volunteered to give a presentation upon her return. Nate would have the details
- Margie Hackbarth- Aspirus Senior Health Service Line Administrator to speak to on the topic of Advance Care Planning. Contact Rick Nevers at (715) 847-2263
- Todd Bohm to speak about the Wounded Warrior Project – contact Jeff Mills
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Kevin Maloney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
June 8 Board Meeting
June 10-14 Rotary International Convention – Atlanta
June 17 Forrest’s Run fundraiser (see Steve Goetsch)
June 22 Night at a Woodchuck game
July 8 Mari’s graduation party at the home of Travis White
August 8 Wendy from Mexico arrives
September 11 Honor Flight
Sept 29- Oct 1 RYLA in Manitowish Waters (our club is sending two students)
October 9 Honor Flight
- Travis White – Canada – mug and fish breading mix
- Ray Connor – Sturgeon Bay – WI shaped cutting board
- Amy Wood – Phoenix – children’s book
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Dick Jarvis had the winning ticket. He then chose to give half of the day’s collection ($25) to Mari.
- Gary France for the recent invocation.
- Thanks to Chad Sickler and his family for agreeing to host our female student - Wendy from Mexico starting in August.
- To Tim Bodette for agreeing to chair the Music and Martini fundraiser. He is now actively looking for volunteers to help him with this process.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- The committee for the 25th anniversary project continues to meet. They will be reviewing a recent proposal received from the library.
- It was announced that Paula Priebe will be a Rotary outbound scholar to Costa Rica.
- JoAnn Draeger presented Ray Connor, Jan Klosinski and Jesse Maas with special pins for bringing in new members to our club.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.