Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
August 10, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
August 10 Beth Mueller Gary Bezucha Strasser, Utnehmer & Warsaw
August 17 Cindy Mueller Greg Bardonner
August 24 Aaron Mull Jeff Zriny
August 31 Rick Nevers Amy Wood
September 7 Kyle Page Randy Winter Weber, Weller & Werner-Schultz
September 14 Kalynn Pempek Megan Will
September 21 Pat Puyleart Travis White
September 28 Rick Reyer Rhonda Werner-Schultz
October 5 Dan Schaut Mary Weller White, Will & Winter
October 12 Mike Schlichte Mary Weber
October 19 Jim Schulz Jim Warsaw
October 26 Patti Shafto-Carlson Roger Utnehmer
Ken Moberg invited Tim Van De Yacht of the Ghidorzi Companies, who spoke about the new Hilton Garden Inn.
Beth Mueller has the program. In her absence, Jim Warsaw has arranged for Marathon County Administrator Brad Kargar to speak about the new wheel tax.
- For August 31st, it has been arranged on behalf of Rick Nevers for Colin Hanson of the “Walk in Their Shoes” organization to speak about past and future speakers for their program. Thanks to Jeff Lindell for arranging this!
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Our own Rick Reyer to speak about WPR’s Centennial
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month; Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
August 8 Wendy from Mexico arrives
August 21 Never Forgotten Honor Flight Golf Outing
September 7 Board Meeting
September 11 Honor Flight
Sept. 16-17 Fall Fundraiser
Sept 29- Oct 1 RYLA in Manitowish Waters (our club is sending two students)
October 9 Honor Flight
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Cindy Mueller had the winning ticket. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
WELCOME & FAREWELL
Welcome to our newest members Patti Shafto-Carlson and Chad Sickler. Farewell to Kevin Maloney.
It is announced that our fall fundraiser this year will be providing concessions at the Grand Prix of Wisconsin North American Powerboat Championship on September 16-17. The event will be held at Bluegill Bay Park.
- To Nate Birchler for the recent invocation.
- Many thanks to Nathan Birchler and the entire Board of Directors for their service this past year.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Dan Schaut presented Paul Harris Awards to JoAnn Draeger and Randy Winter. Congratulations!
- Ken Moberg was recently named the recipient of the Service Above Self Award. Congratulations!
· For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org. Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz–www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.