Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
November 2, 2017
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
November 2 Chad Sickler Jay St. Clair Zriny, Bardonner & Bezucha
November 9 Jay St. Clair Chad Sickler
November 16 Tim Strasser Patti Shafto-Carlson
November 23 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
November 30 No Meeting (Holiday Party on December 1st)
December 7 Roger Utnehmer Jim Schulz Birchler, Bodette & Brainard
December 14 Patti Shafto-Carlson Mike Schlichte
December 21 Mary Weber Dan Schaut
December 28 No Meeting (Christmas Holiday)
Tim Bodette led a discussion about club fundraising options.
Chad Sickler has invited Kara Weiland, widow of Det. Jason Weiland, and founder of “Be Amazing” to speak.
- For November 9th, Jay St. Clair has invited Brian Grefe, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA).
- For November 16th, Tim Strasser has invited Dan Schaut to give an update on the Rotary International Foundation
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Beth Mueller’s daughter-in-law Courtney to speak about fundraising to build an new NCHC therapy pool.
All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Michael Loy, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
November 2 Board Meeting
December 1 Holiday party at the home of Bob and Mary Weller
Dec. 8-9 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Sam’s Club
March 29 Club Social
May 31 Club Social
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Randy Winter had the winning ticket. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
Welcome to our newest members Meredith Otte, Liz Parizo and Aaron Zitzelsberger.
Tim Bodette gave an initial report on our club’s recent fundraiser providing concessions at the Grand Prix of Wisconsin North American Powerboat Championship. His belief is that we probably made a profit of about $7500. He thanks everyone for their efforts to make this first event a rousing success. For those who volunteered they can submit for 2 make-up meetings for every hour volunteered. We will continue to evaluate this event moving forward. Thanks as well to Tim for his amazing leadership.
- To Ray Connor for the recent invocation.
- To Tim Strasser for arranging the recent highway clean-up.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Pat Puyleart announced that the 25th Anniversary project will be a donation to the library. A second part of the project is yet to be determined and may involve supporting mental health concerns in the community. The committee will continue to meet regarding this.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??