Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
February 1, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 1 Club Assembly Kyle Page Burgener, France & Goetsch
February 8 Aaron Zitzelsberger Meredith Otte
February 15 Amy Wood Aaron Mull
February 22 Jeff Zriny Cindy Mueller
March 1 Jean Burgener Beth Mueller Hagedorn, Havel & Hemp
March 8 Nathan Birchler Jeff Mills
March 15 Greg Bardonner Michael Matuszak
March 22 Scott Brainard Jesse Maas
March 29 Gary Bezucha Ann Lucas
Travis White spoke about his industry (Complete Filtration Resources) with a focus on the production of Whey Protein Isolate.
Today’s program is a club assembly. The focus is going to be on communications with Randy and Rhonda giving an overview of the RI website as well as our own website and Facebook. There will also be a reminder about utilizing the newsletter to stay on top of weekly happenings.
- For February 15, Amy Wood has invited Tim Bodette to come and speak on club fundraising ideas.
- Froe February 22, Jeff Zriny has invited superintendent Kris Gilmore to address the upcoming 60 million referendum.
- For March 1, Jean Burgener has invited Eric Giordano from WIPPS
- For March 15, Greg Bardonner has invited Dr. Mike Schwei – the interim superintendent of schools for the Wausau School District to speak about recent changes with the Wausau School Foundation
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Beth Mueller’s daughter- in- law Courtney to speak about fundraising to build an new NCHC therapy pool.
- Patrice Pergolski to speak regarding the Girl Scouts. JoAnn Draeger has her contact information.
- Katie Normand to speak about a new non- profit here in Wausau, Adaptive Communities. This is a social activity center for adults with special needs. Her number is (715)571-0040.
All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller and Michael Matuszak
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
Feb. 1 Board Meeting
Feb. 25 President’s Dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn
April 23 Honor Flight
May District Conference in the Dells
May 21 Honor Flight
May 31 Club Social
Sept. 10 Honor Flight
Oct. 8 Honor Flight
- Jean Burgener – Items from Hawaii: Shrimp marinade, tea, macadamia nuts, coconut bra
- Kalynn Pempek – donated two “Try the World” boxes – one is international themed and the other features items from Spain
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Dick Jarvis had the winning ticket. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
Welcome to our newest member Kevin Sorenson.
- To Pat Puyleart for coordinating the recent Love is International event
- To Liz Parizo for the recent invocation
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Tammy announces that Jean Burgener will again be heading up this year’s Rotary scholarship process. Tammy is looking for additional members for a committee to look further at the scholarship process.
- Pat Puyleart is looking for someone to shadow him for the Love is International process moving forward.
- Tammy is looking for a Vice President for next year. She would like this person determined before a Rotary leadership conference scheduled for March.
- Pat Puyleart announced that the 25th Anniversary project will be a donation to the library. A second part of the project is yet to be determined and may involve supporting mental health concerns in the community(possibly donating to the MMT unit at NCHC). The committee will continue to meet regarding this.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.