Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
March 8, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
March 8 Nathan Birchler Jeff Mills Hagedorn, Havel & Hemp
March 15 Greg Bardonner Jesse Maas
March 22 Scott Brainard Ann Lucas
March 29 No Meeting (Spring Break)
April 5 Gary Bezucha Michael Loy Jarvis, Kelly & Kinney
April 12 Ray Connor Jeff Lindell
April 19 JoAnn Draeger Jan Klosinski
April 26 Dee Dunn Pat Kinney
May 3 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
Jean Burgener invited Eric Giordano from WIPPS
Courtney (Beth Mueller’s daughter in law) will speak about the NCHC therapy pool. She will be introduced by JoAnn Draeger.
- For March 15, Jim Warsaw will be arranging the speaker for Greg Bardonner. He will be giving an update on MCDEVCO's activities. In addition, we will be visited by our District Governor Tina Hall.
- For May 17, we will be visited by our Rotary Scholarship winners. Dick Jarvis will act as MC.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Patrice Pergolski to speak regarding the Girl Scouts. JoAnn Draeger has her contact information.
- Katie Normand to speak about a new non- profit here in Wausau -Adaptive Communities. This is a social activity center for adults with special needs. Her number is (715)571-0040
- Dee Dunn and Keith Montgomery will present on the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Contact Dee at 847-2442.
Thanks to Nate Birchler and Randy Winter for making the event so successful. Thanks as well to Roger Utnehmer and all of the other volunteers!!
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page and Cindy Mueller.
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Mary Jo Lechner, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
March Reading to go Month
March 8 Board Meeting
April 23 Honor Flight
May 4-6 District Conference in the Dells
May Rotary High School Award presentations
May 21 Honor Flight
May 31 Club Social
Sept. 10 Honor Flight
Oct. 8 Honor Flight
- Liz Parizo – Savannah – cookies, BBQ sauce, honey and tea
- Tim Bodette – Costa Rica – coffee and coffee cookbook
- Mike Schlichte – Wisconsin resort - hat
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jan Klosinski had the winning ticket. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
WELCOME AND FAREWELL
Welcome to our newest member Kevin Sorenson. We also say goodbye to Michael Matuszak.
- To Pat Puyleart for filling in for the invocation.
- To our guest and future member Dave Anderson for attending.
- To Kevin Sorenson for filling in for Todd Hagedorn as a greeter.
- To Jan Klosinski for filling in as President.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Tammy announces that Jean Burgener will again be heading up this year’s Rotary scholarship process. Tammy is looking for additional members for a committee to look further at the scholarship process.
- Pat Puyleart is looking for someone to shadow him for the Love is International process moving forward.
- Tammy Szekeress announced that the 25th Anniversary project- a donation to the library continues to proceed. John Kelly is working on our matching grant application so that we will be donating a total of $5000. A second part of the project is yet to be determined and may involve supporting mental health concerns in the community(possibly donating to the MMT unit at NCHC). The committee will continue to meet regarding this.
- The board voted to continue our $10,000 per year for the Reading to Go program.
- Tim Bodette continues to work on firming up details for potential fundraisers.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??