Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
April 4, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
April 4 Ann Lucas Jennifer Guerndt Hemp, Jarvis & Kemppainen
April 11 Ann Meyer Thomas Grice
April 18 Rachel Mielke Gary France
April 25 Jeff Mills JoAnn Draeger
May 2 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
May 9 Beth Mueller Ray Connor Kinney, Klosinski & Lindell
May 16 Aaron Mull Jean Burgener
May 23 Rick Nevers Tom Brunner
May 30 Lindy Penn Tim Bodette
The group discussed our permanent meeting location and other club business.
Ann Lucas has invited Judy Burrows from the Marathon County Health Department to talk about their new rural health initiative.
In addition, we will be starting our visits from Youth Merit Award winners.
- For May 23, Rick Nevers has the program. The GSE team may be visiting the club.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Austin Krejci – a preparedness volunteer at the Marathon Chapter of the Red Cross – email@example.com
- Mike Johnson from the Autism Society – (715) 359-0886 or (715) 370-3505
April Youth Merit Awards
April 22 Honor Flight
May 1 Board Meeting
May 2 Prayer Breakfast (Mount Olive Lutheran Church)
May 13 Honor Flight
August Road Rally
September 9 Honor Flight
October 28 Honor Flight
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
With $215 at stake, JoAnn Draeger had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time JoAnn!
- To Todd Hagedorn for the invocation.
- To all who read at the schools during the month of March.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Bill is requesting volunteers for a Public Relations Committee.
- He is also requesting volunteers to develop criteria for a scholarship in the name of Mike Barnes.
- The road rally committee of Mary Weller, Randy Winter and Pat Kinney is requesting additional volunteers.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access to the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org