Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
April 26, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
April 26 Dee Dunn Jan Klosinski Jarvis, Kelly & Kinney
May 3 No Official Meeting (Wausau Community Prayer Breakfast can count as a meeting for those who attend)
May 10 Gary France John Kelly Klosinski, Lindell & Loy
May 17 Scholarship Winners Dick Jarvis
May 24 Steve Goetsch Sheryl Hemp
May 31 Todd Hagedorn Jennifer Havel
JoAnn Draeger invited Scott Sann to talk about Wausau Metro Strong, a group that formed last year after the March 22nd incident.
Dee Dunn and Keith Montgomery will present on the Wausau Conservatory of Music. They will present on the Conservatory’s mission and the work they do with music education in our community. Following the meeting, a Rotary 101 meeting will be held for all new members.
- For May 17, we will be visited by our Rotary Scholarship winners. Dick Jarvis will act as MC.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Patrice Pergolski to speak regarding the Girl Scouts. JoAnn Draeger has her contact information.
- The Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity -Connie Conrad (Roger Utnehmer has contact info)
- Katie Normand to speak about a new non- profit here in Wausau -Adaptive Communities. This is a social activity center for adults with special needs. Her number is (715)571-0040
- Greg Cemke would speak on the Children’s Miracle Network’s “Christmas in July”. His contact is (715) 370-1661 or email@example.com
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page and Cindy Mueller.
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull, Dee Dunn, Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
April 26 Rotary 101 meeting
May 4-6 District Conference in the Dells
May Rotary High School Award presentations
May 3 Wausau Community Prayer Breakfast – Doors Open 6:30 am – program at 7:00 am – Highland Community Church – speaker is Steve Sonderman – contact John Kelly for more information
May 10 Board Meeting
May 21 Honor Flight
May 31 Club Social
June 3 Rotary BBQ and Raffle (4-8pm) Location TBD
Sept. 10 Honor Flight
Oct. 8 Honor Flight
Nov. 8 Old Fashioned Event
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jennifer Havel had the winning ticket. She then donated half of the daily raffle ticket sales (about $30) to Wendy.
WELCOME AND FAREWELL
Welcome to our newest members Dave Anderson and Bridget Wenman. We also say goodbye to Mary Jo Lechner.
- To Pat Kinney for the recent invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Tammy announces that our Rotary scholarship process will be changing as of next year. We will be shifting our focus to RYLA and donating a single $1000 award. We are currently looking for potential RYLA candidates.
- Pat Puyleart is looking for someone to shadow him for the Love is International process moving forward.
- Tammy is looking for Rotary officer nominations for the next calendar year.
- Tammy Szekeress announced that the 25th Anniversary project- a donation to the library continues to proceed. John Kelly is working on our matching grant application so that we will be donating a total of $5000. A second part of the project is yet to be determined and may involve supporting mental health concerns in the community(possibly donating to the MMT unit at NCHC). The committee will continue to meet regarding this.
- Tammy announces that she will be working with the noon club on the details of a potential “tree initiative” as suggested by the District Governor.
- The board voted to continue our $10,000 per year for the Reading to Go program.
- Tim Bodette continues to work on firming up details for potential fundraisers. We will be focusing on a raffle with a backyard BBQ party. We will also be trying “An Old Fashioned Christmas”.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?