Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
July 12, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 12 Pat Kinney JoAnn Draeger Moses, Mueller & Mueller
July 19 Jan Klosinski Ray Connor
July 26 Jeff Lindell Jean Burgener
August 2 Michael Loy Scott Brainard Mull, Nevers & Otte
August 9 Ann Lucas Tim Bodette
August 16 Jesse Maas Nathan Birchler
August 23 Jeff Mills Gary Bezucha
August 31 No Meeting
September 6 Bob Moses Dave Anderson Page, Parizo & Pempek
The club met at the Marathon County Library for a few important functions. We presented a check and toured the club’s 25thAnniversary project. The Service Above Self Award was presented to well-deserving JoAnn Draeger. The leadership of the club was also passed from President Tammy Szekeress to Jan Klosinski. Thanks to Tammy for her year of amazing leadership!!
- Pat Kinney has invited Connie Conrad, Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity.
- For July 19, Jan Klosinski has invited Wendy to talk about her year in Wausau before she returns home.
- For August 2, our 6220 District Governor, Ann Fuge, will be the program.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Patrice Pergolski to speak regarding the Girl Scouts. JoAnn Draeger has her contact information.
- Katie Normand to speak about a new non- profit here in Wausau -Adaptive Communities. This is a social activity center for adults with special needs. Her number is (715)571-0040.
- Greg Cemke would speak on the Children’s Miracle Network’s “Christmas in July”. His contact is (715) 370-1661 or email@example.com.
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us.
- Christian Schock Director of Community Planning and Economic Development 715-261-6683 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 and email@example.com.
- Darcie Howard – the Monk Garden Executive Director could speak on the capital campaign project for renovating Monk’s original home into office space, education space and intern housing along with the new educational programs they have begun. She would be available this fall – contact her at 715-261-6264 or 715-680-9485.
We will have a food stand at the powerboat races in September. Tim asks for a volunteer to act as bartender for the event. He will also be organizing an “Old Fashioned” Christmas for November.
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Bob Moses and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull, Kevin Sorenson and Cindy Mueller.
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Jim Schulz and Jean Burgener
July 12 Board Meeting
Sept. 10 Honor Flight
Sept. 22-23 Powerboat races food stand
Oct. 8 Honor Flight
Nov. 8 Old Fashioned Event
May 9, 2019 Club Annual Meeting
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jim Schulz had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
WELCOME & FAREWELL
Welcome to our newest club member – Bob Moses! We also say farewell to Dee Dunn and Aaron Zitzelsberger who have both moved out of the area.
- To Jesse Maas for the recent invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- It was announced that donated monies previously earmarked for Mexican earthquake relief will now be sent for flood relief in the UP. After many attempts, a contact could not be made in Mexico.
- Pastor Ray announces that our club now has 4 host families for next year. We will be welcoming Pedro as our next exchange student. Ray will also be looking for potential outbound students.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.