Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
October 25, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
October 25 Kyle Page Rhonda Werner Schultz Puyleart, Reyer & Schlichte
(Mills will sub for Schlichte)
November 1 Liz Parizo Bridget Wenman Schulz, Shafto-Carlson & Sickler
November 8 Kalynn Pempek Mary Weller
November 15 Pat Puyleart Mary Weber
November 22 No Meeting - Thanksgiving
November 29 Rick Reyer Jim Warsaw
December 6 No Meeting (Holiday Party at the Wellers on the 7th instead)
Meredith Otte invited Chris Schock to give an update on the Wausau riverfront development project and other City of Wausau projects.
Kyle Page has invited Tim Buchholz to speak about the Rib Mountain Adventure Challenge.
- For November 1, Liz Parizo has invited Paula Priebe, our District 6220, 2017-2018 Global Grant Scholar to speak about her graduate training in Costa Rica earlier this summer. She was “sponsored” by the EBRC with Ken Moberg as the primary contact.
- For November 8, we will have a Club Assembly - This year's WEB Rotary Board is excited to offer our members a special 90-minute club assembly on November 8. Members present will be participating in a group process that will help the club collect information about current club activities as they relate to Rotary International goals. This information will help the club with future planning.
- At this time the November 8th agenda includes:
6:30-6:50am - Member arrival and check in
6:50am - Early breakfast - Breakfast buffet will open 5-10 minutes earlier to allow us more time for the club assembly
7:10/15am - Introduction
7:15-8:20am - Group process lead by Bridget Wenman
8:20-8:30am - Conclusion/meeting dismissal
Due to the special nature of this meeting, we will postpone happy/sad dollars, raffle, and president pantry until the next meeting. On behalf of the WEB Board, all members are encouraged to attend. We will be passing a sign- up sheet at meetings in the weeks preceding Nov. 8th so we may help the Wausau Country Club plan for our event.
More information will follow in the weeks ahead.
- For November 29th, Rick Reyer has invited Ann Herda-Rapp, UW-Stevens Point at Wausau Campus Executive, who will speak on her vision for the campus and its relationship to the greater Wausau community.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Greg Cemke would speak on the Children’s Miracle Network’s “Christmas in July”. His contact is (715) 370-1661 or email@example.com
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Jack Hoogendyk of Hope Life Center would be available to speak (contact John Kelly for contact info)
- Darcie Howard – the Monk Garden Executive Director could speak on the capital campaign project for renovating Monk’s original home into office space, education space and intern housing along with the new educational programs they have begun. She would be available this fall – contact her at 715-261-6264 or 715 -680-9485
Thanks to Tim Bodette for coordinating the food stand at the powerboat races last weekend! Thanks as well to everyone who volunteered!! It was an amazing event!!
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Bob Moses and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month: Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month: Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull, Kevin Sorenson and Cindy Mueller
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
Oct. 24 World Polio Day
Dec. 7 Holiday Party at the Wellers – 6:00 pm
Jan. 11-13, 2019 Love is International
April 8 Honor Flight
May 9 Club Annual Meeting
May 13 Honor Flight
May 17-18 District Governor’s Conference
June 2019 Rotary International Conference in Hamburg, Germany
- Gary Bezucha- Italy -glass, truffles and liqueur
- Dan Schaut -Greece – Ouzo
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Pastor Ray had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- Kyle Page for the recent invocation.
- To Pat Kinney for filling in for Sergeant.
- To Randy Winter for filling in for greeter last week.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Pastor Ray announces that our club is looking for host families for next year. Ray will also be looking for potential outbound students.
- Dan Schaut presented Jean Burgener with her 1st Paul Harris level
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.