Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
February 21, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 21 Roger Utnehmer Dan Schaut Weller, Wenman & Werner Schultz
February 28 No Meeting (due to President’s dinner on the 24th)
March 7 Jim Warsaw Rick Reyer White, Winter & Wood
March 14 Team Work Meeting Pat Puyleart
March 21 Mary Weber Kalynn Pempek
March 28 No Meeting (Spring Break)
April 4 Mary Weller Liz Parizo Zriny, Anderson & Bardonner
April 11 Team Work Meeting Kyle Page
April 18 Bridget Wenman Meredith Otte
April 25 Rhonda Werner Cindy Mueller
We had a club work day.
Roger Utnehmer has the program.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kalynn Pempek and Steve Goetsch to speak in May about the new Aspirus Family House.
- Mr Jack Hoogendyk of Hope Life Center would be available to speak (contact John Kelly for contact info)
- Vicki Resech. MCDEVCO, Inc. – to talk about the new co-working and idea sharing space being established April 1 along with program offerings for Marathon County Entrepreneurs. (contact Jim Warsaw for contact info)
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney, Bob Moses and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Jesse Maas, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull, Kevin Sorenson and Cindy Mueller
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
Feb. 24 President’s Dinner
March 14 Board Meeting
April 8 Honor Flight
May 9 Club Annual Meeting
May 13 Honor Flight
May 17-18 District Governor’s Conference -Wisconsin Dells
June 1-5 Rotary International Conference in Hamburg, Germany
Sept. 28-29 RYLA
- Kyle Page – Montana – blanket, art and bourbon/cream liqueur
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Wausau Country Club
208 Country Club Road, Schofield Valet parking available
Cash Bar and Social Hour: 5:00 pm
Dinner: 6:00 pm
Auction and raffle winner announcements to follow
All proceeds to benefit The Rotary Foundation
Please RSVP by February 15 with your dinner choice, name of guest, and dinner choice of your guest. RSVP to: Tammy Szekeress at email@example.com
Lemon Herb Roasted French Cut Chicken
Black Truffle Salmon
Beef Tenderloin Medallions
Includes salad, vegetable, rice blend, and dinner roll
Vegetarian option: Vegetable Risotto
Cost is $30 per person
For those of you who are new to the club I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the anniversary dinner. It is a great opportunity to meet your fellow Rotarians outside of regular weekly meetings.
We welcome Amy Mettlach and Karla Lodholz as new members of the club.
Kevin Sorenson had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Mike Schlichte for the recent invocation.
- To our visitor Larissa
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Pastor Ray announces that our club will be hosting two students next year – from Venezuela and Germany thanks to Travis and Liz stepping up to be host families.
- Jan announces that our fees for the Hunger Coalition will increase from $15 to $18 per quarter beginning with our next dues statements.
- Jean Burgener announces that she is looking for RYLA students before the end of the school year.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??