Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
June 6, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
June 6 Jeff Zriny Michael Loy Burgener, Connor & Draeger
June 13 Dave Anderson Karla Lodholz
June 20 Group Work Day Jeff Lindell
June 27 Meeting at Challenge Statue
July 4 No Meeting – 4th of July
July 11 Group Work Day Pat Kinney France, Goetsch & Hagedorn
July 18 Greg Bardonner John Kelly
July 25 Gary Bezucha Dick Jarvis
Amy Wood has invited Greg Cemke to speak about a program he heads up called “Christmas in July”. This event helps kids in the Marshfield Children’s Hospital.
- Jeff Zriny has the program.
- For June 13, Dave Anderson has invited Christian Overland, Director of the Wisconsin Historical Society. His topic will be "The New Wisconsin Historical Museum."
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or email@example.com
- Joel Rueber (297-8114) to speak regarding: Making Your Spring Break Count Double: Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Destination opportunities.
- Kalynn Pempek and Steve Goetsch to speak in May about the new Aspirus Family House.
- Vicki Resech. MCDEVCO, Inc. – to talk about the new co-working and idea sharing space being established April 1 along with program offerings for Marathon County Entrepreneurs. (contact Jim Warsaw for contact info)
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull and Kevin Sorenson.
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
June 11 Board Meeting
July 30 Our club attends a Woodchucks game
Sept. 21-22 Power Boat Races
Sept. 27-29 RYLA
Our club bids a reluctant farewell to both Ken Moberg and Cindy Mueller. Thank you for your service and dedication to our club!
Ray Connor presented information on our upcoming club raffle. This will be a short-term club fundraiser with a drawing to be held on June 27th at our meeting at the kayak statue. Top prize is $1500. All club members are encouraged to sell the $50 tickets.
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Cindy Mueller had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Ann Lucas for the invocation.
- To Tim Strasser for organizing the recent highway clean-up
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Jan is now accepting nominations for the Service Above Self Award. Nominations are due May 25th.
- Dan Schaut has an updated list of Paul Harris information – please see him for your status.
- Ray Connor announces that the White family will be hosting our Rotary Exchange student Guillermo when he arrives in July. The Strassers will host our second student Karl for half the year with the Connors taking the second half of his stay. During Ray’s hosting duties, Jim Warsaw will temporarily become the RYE officer.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 web-site and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?