Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
May 16, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
May 16 Aaron Mull Jean Burgener Kinney, Klosinski & Lindell
May 23 Rick Nevers Tom Brunner
May 30 Lindy Penn Tim Bodette
June 6 Pat Puyleart Nathan Birchler Lucas, Meyer & Mielke
June 13 Rachel Rogness Greg Bardonner
June 20 Dan Schaut Lois Alt
June 27 Meeting at Kayak Statue
July 4 No Meeting (4th of July)
Ali Wolf filled in for Beth Mueller’s program hosting duties. Invited was Matt Klug from NTC who spoke on the auto lab partnership between NTC and Fred Mueller.
Aaron Mull has the program.
- For May 23, Rick Nevers has the program. The GSE team from Australia will be visiting the club.
- For May 30, Lindy Penn has the program. Joanne Janikowski and Patrick Bradley from the Hunger Coalition will be visiting
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce
yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Austin Krejci – a preparedness volunteer at the Marathon Chapter of the Red Cross – email@example.com
- Mike Johnson from the Autism Society – (715) 359-0886 or (715) 370-3505
May Reading Program
May 22 GSE visit dinner
May 23 GSE visit reception (5:30-7:00 at the Great Dane)
June 5 Board Meeting
August Road Rally
September 9 Honor Flight
October 28 Honor Flight
November 2 Martini’s and Music
- Ann Meyer – Arizona - turtle
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
We welcome Dr. Jennifer Havel and John Kelly to our Early Bird Club.
With over $250 at stake, JoAnn Draeger had her winning ticket picked. She then
picked a black marble. Better luck next time JoAnn.
- To Ray Connor for the invocation.
- To Ann Meyer for assisting with greeting.
- To visitors Dave Anderson, Steve Goetsch and Larry Meyer.
- To Greg Bardonner for coordinating the Youth Merit Award winners.
- To Ken Moberg for coordinating the Prayer Breakfast.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our Rotary exchange student for next year will be Sebastian from Majorca.
- The Boy Scouts sent us a thank you plaque.
- We received a thank you from the Kindergarten class from St. Mark’s.
- Ann and Larry Meyer presented a $500 check to the Honor Flight. This was the proceeds of her recent Greenwood Hills guest chef night.
- We received a thank you from Wausau Whitewater after their recent visit to our club.
- Cody Krenz sent a thank you for his recent Rotary scholarship.
- Our Public Relations Committee will be headed up by Randy Winter and Ann Meyer.
- The road rally committee of Mary Weller, Randy Winter and Pat Kinney is requesting additional volunteers.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org,
the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary
site is rotary.org.