Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
September 26, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 26 JoAnn Draeger Scott Brainard Klosinski, Lindell & Lodholz
October 3 RYLA Students Tim Bodette Loy, Lucas & Mettlach
October 10 Group Work Day Nate Birchler
October 17 Gary France Gary Bezucha
October 24 Todd Hagedorn Greg Bardonner
October 31 No Meeting
November 7 Jennifer Havel Dave Anderson Mills, Mueller & Mull
November 14 Jack Hoogendyk Jeff Zriny
November 21 Sheryl Hemp Amy Wood
November 28 No Meeting -Thanksgiving
We had a group work day.
JoAnn Draeger has the program.
- For October 3, our RYLA students will be the program. They are Megan Szekeress - D C Everest, Molly Schaefer -Wausau West and Elise Raschke -Newman. Jean Burgener is still looking for a 4th student.
- For October 17, Gary France (with the suggestion of Dave Anderson) has invited students from DC Everest to talk about a project.
- For October 24, Todd Hagedorn has invited Dave Eisenreich from the Hunger Coalition. He will update the club on our egg donations.
- Also on October 24: Rotary District 6220 Social hosted by District Governor Steven Handrick. This will be a fun opportunity to meet Rotarians from Antigo, Merrill, Stevens Point, Greater Portage County, and the Rotary Club of Wausau. 5:00 pm – Location TBD. Watch for more information from Pat Puyleart, Assistant District Governor, about signing up for this event.
It is asked that members get their speaker in formation to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Rueber (297-8114) to speak regarding: Making Your Spring Break Count Double: Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Destination opportunities.
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
- After mid-September, Deb Traeder would help to arrange for Olivia Hill as a guest speaker. She will be the new Executive Director of the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Deb can be reached at (715) 845-6279. Extension 101
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Larissa Rebhahn and Aaron Mull
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
Sept. 27-29 RYLA
Oct. 10 Board Meeting
Oct. 19 District Training Seminar – UWGB – 11-2
Oct. 21 Honor Flight
Oct. 24 Rotary District 6220 Social hosted by District Governor Steven Handrick.- 5:00pm. Location TBD
Jan. 10-12 Love is International
May 1-2, 2020 District Conference – Oshkosh
- Greg Bardonner shared an overview of the 12-Days of Christmas fundraiser/progressive cash raffle event. The goal is to make $5000. With about 1000 tickets to sell, the event will run from mid- October through December 6th. We are currently looking for sponsors.
- Jeff Mills and Jean Burgener provided an update on the Week in Ireland Trip (March 29-April 4, 2020). A full slate of 28 travelers has now been completed.
- Bridget Wenman – Texas – Magnolia journal and cup
- Rhonda Werner Schultz – Door County – cherry flavored items
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Gary France had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Jean Burgener for the invocation.
- To Tim Bodette and all volunteers who helped to make the recent powerboat races so successful.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program, the Forrest Goetsch Charity and the Marathon County Public Library Literacy Corner.
- Jean Burgener announces that we will be sending 4 students to the September RYLA conference. She is currently looking to fill the fourth slot due to a recent resignation.
- Our club will be sharing a booth with the noon club at the Chamber expo in the Spring.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 website and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.??