Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
July 25, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 25 Tim Strasser Alisa Wolf Mills, Moberg & Mueller
August 1 Tammy Szekeress Randy Winter Mull, Nevers & Penn
August 8 Mary Weber Rhonda Werner Schultz
August 15 Rhonda Werner Schultz Mary Weber
August 22 Randy Winter Tammy Szekeress
August 29 Alisa Wolf Tim Strasser
September 5 Amy Wood Scott Slajus Puyleart, Schaut & Schlichte
September 12 Jeff Zriny Bill Skarie
Scott Slajus had the program and he invited Tom Mahoney from the American Red Cross.
Tim Strasser has invited Margaret P’ng from Blessings in a Backpack.
- For August 22, Randy Winter has invited Al Nystrom and Teresa Derfus from Marshfield Rotary to discuss the Rotary Winter Wonderland
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Jessica Meadows – North Central Health Foundation Voyages for Growth Foundation – (715)848-4309
August 7 Board Meeting
September 9 Honor Flight
October 28 Honor Flight
November 2 Martini’s and Music
- Mary Weller – Mayo Clinic – cookbook
- Sheryl Hemp – Bayfield - vase
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
With over $190 at stake, visitor Patrick Bradley had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time Patrick!
- To Ray and Carly for hosting Mark all year!
- To Ali Wolf for filling in as the Sergeant
- To visitor Patrick Bradley who updated our club on some additional egg donations for the Hunger Coalition.
- To our club officers from last year with a special thanks to departing President Bill Skarie.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our Rotary exchange student for next year will be Sebastian from Majorca.
- The winner of the first “Service Above Self” Award was Pat Puyleart.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Mt. Olive Church. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz –www.wausauearlyrotary.org/
In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, The foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.