Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 5, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 5 Mary Weber Scott Slajus Puyleart, Schaut & Schlichte
September 12 Jeff Zriny Mary Weber
September 19 Lois Alt Mike Schlichte
September 26 Greg Bardonner Dan Schaut
October 3 Amy Wood Pat Puyleart Skarie, Slajus & Strasser
October 10 Tim Bodette Lindy Penn
October 17 Tom Brunner Rick Nevers
October 24 Jean Burgener Aaron Mull
October 31 JoAnn Draeger Beth Mueller
Ali Wolf had the program and she invited Jenn Golbach from Shared Blessings who spoke about their May 2014 Kolor For Kids FunFest and color run.
Mary Weber has invited Dr. Katherine Gaulke to explain The Marketplace (healthcare exchanges) mandated by the Affordable Health Care Act.
- For September 12, Jeff Zriny has invited Dave Anderson to talk about his trip the Rotary International Convention.
- For September 19, Lois Alt and others will be doing a literacy update.
- For September 26, Greg Bardonner has invited Pat Kinney to give a presentation.
- For October 3, Amy Wood has invited Paul Aleckson and two students from DCE who will talk about their latest oral history project (on civil rights).
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Our outbound student Dan Clark has returned from Ecuador and has a presentation on his year.
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
September 4 Board Meeting
September 9 Honor Flight
September 12 Rotary 101 – after regular meeting
October 7 District Gov. David Yeghiaian visits the Noon Club
October 28 Honor Flight
November 2 Martini’s and Music
MUSIC & MARTINI'S
Our annual fundraiser has been updated this year! Save the date for Saturday, November 2 at the Wausau Country Club. The event starts at 5:00 and will feature the music of the John Greiner Trio. We are currently looking for auction items and sponsorships, so contact Amy or Tammy
if you are able to assist.
- Ray Connor – Door County and Chicago - dishes
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
Mary Weller had her winning ticket picked. Unfortunately, she then picked a black marble. Better luck next time Mary.
- To Tim Strasser for the invocation.
- To our visitor Austin Wood (Amy’s son).
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our Rotary exchange student for this year is Sebastian from Majorca. Welcome!
- We were recently featured on the news for receiving an additional donation of eggs for the local food pantries. Thanks again to Ann Lucas and the original committee for getting our club involved in this EGGcellent process!
- Our literacy committee of Lois and Jan are currently collecting pens and paper for the 230 students that we will be serving and reading to this year.
- Welcome to Stephanie Smith who has joined our club in transfer.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org