Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 26, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters September 26 Greg Bardonner Dan Schaut Puyleart, Schaut & Schlichte
October 3 Amy Wood Pat Puyleart Skarie, Slajus & Strasser
October 10 Tim Bodette Lindy Penn
October 17 Tom Brunner Rick Nevers
October 24 Jean Burgener Aaron Mull
October 31 JoAnn Draeger Beth Mueller
November 7 Gary France Ken Moberg Szekeress, Weber & Weller
November 14 Steve Goetsch Jeff Mills
November 21 Tom Grice Rachel Mielke
November 28 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
Lois Alt, Jan Klosinski, Bev Meyer and Penny Antell presented a literacy update. This year our club supported $9300 budget will serve 13 classes, 5 schools and 250 kids.
Greg Bardonner has invited Pat Kinney to give a presentation.
- For October 3, Amy Wood has invited Paul Aleckson and two students from DCE who will talk about their latest oral history project (on civil rights).
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our outbound student Dan Clark has returned from Ecuador and has a presentation on his year.
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
October 2 Board Meeting
October 7 District Gov. David Yeghiaian visits the Noon Club
October 21 Honor Flight
November 2 Martini’s and Music
MARTINIS & MUSIC
Our annual fundraiser has been updated this year! Save the date for Saturday, November 2 at the Wausau Country Club. The event starts at 5:00 and will feature the music of the John Greiner Trio. We are currently looking for auction items and sponsorships, so contact Amy or Tammy
if you are able to assist. Remember to check our club web-site www.wausauearlyrotary.org/
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
Randy Winter had his winning ticket picked. Unfortunately, he then picked a black marble. Better luck next time Randy.
- To Mike Schlichte for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- We were recently featured on the news for receiving an additional donation of eggs for the local food pantries. Thanks again to Ann Lucas and the original committee for getting our club involved in this EGGcellent process!
- Our literacy committee of Lois and Jan are currently collecting pens and paper for the 250 students that we will be serving and reading to this year.
- Dan Schaut presented a Paul Harris (x2) award to Mary Weller.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org. Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.