Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
October 10, 2013
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
October 10 Tim Bodette Lindy Penn Skarie, Slajus & Strasser
October 17 Tom Brunner Rick Nevers
October 24 Jean Burgener Aaron Mull
October 31 JoAnn Draeger Beth Mueller
November 7 Gary France Ken Moberg Szekeress, Weber & Weller
November 14 Steve Goetsch Jeff Mills
November 21 Tom Grice Rachel Mielke
November 28 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
Amy Wood invited Paul Aleckson and two students (Lindsay Bartnik and Alexis Abrego) from DCE who talked about their latest oral history project (on civil rights).
Tim Bodette has invited Deanna Schuette from the United Way.
- For October 31, JoAnn Draeger has invited Pat Puyleart to talk about Rotary 101.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our outbound student Dan Clark has returned from Ecuador and has a presentation on his year.
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
October 18-19 RYE weekend in Wausau
October 21 Honor Flight
November 2 Martini’s and Music
November 6 Board Meeting
May 2-3 District Conference at Lambeau Field
MUSIC & MARTINIS
Our annual fundraiser has been updated this year! Save the date for Saturday, November 2 at the Wausau Country Club. The event starts at 5:00 and will feature the
music of the John Greiner Trio. We are currently looking for auction items and sponsorships, so contact Amy or Tammy if you are able to assist. Remember to check our club web-site www.wausauearlyrotary.org for updates. We are currently at $7000 in sponsorships and $200 in ticket sales.
- Ray Connor – Marquette – bowl
- Randy Winter – Fargo – wine holder
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep record for the annual dinner auction.
JoAnn Draeger had her winning ticket picked. Unfortunately, she then picked a black marble. Better luck next time JoAnn.
- To Pat Puyleart for the invocation.
- To our visitor Dr. Mary Jo Lechner.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our literacy committee of Lois and Jan are currently collecting pens and paper for the 250 students that we will be serving and reading to this year.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/
In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.