Wausau Early Birds Rotary
January 30, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
January 30 John Kelly Dick Jarvis Wood, Zriny & Alt
February 6 No Meeting (Anniversary Dinner)
February 13 Patrick Kemppainen John Kelly Bardonner, Birchler & Bodette
February 20 Patrick Kinney Sheryl Hemp
February 27 Jan Klosinski Jennifer Havel
March 6 Mary Jo Lechner Janna Hamann Brunner, Burgener & Draeger
March 13 Jeff Lindell Todd Hagedorn
Dick Jarvis talked about the history of the Honor Flight program.
John Kelly has the program.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jennifer Havel to speak about her upcoming trip to St. Lucia.
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
January Reading Program
Feb. 5 Board Meeting
Feb. 7 President’s Anniversary Dinner at Fairfield Inn
May 2-3 District Conference at Lambeau Field
LOVE IS INTERNATIONAL
Thanks to everyone for their help in making the weekend successful! Special thanks to Pat Puyleart!
We welcome our newest member Jim Warsaw – sponsored by Jeff Zriny and inducted by JoAnn Draeger!
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Sheryl Hemp had her winning ticket picked and had a chance to win about $300. Unfortunately, she then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Pat Kemppainen for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Our Board recently approved a $500 donation to the Girl Scouts.
- Our club attendance for December was 84%
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.