Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
March 13, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
March 13 Jeff Lindell Todd Hagedorn Brunner, Burgener & Draeger
March 20 Mary Jo Lechner Jennifer Guerndt
March 27 Jesse Maas Steve Goetsch
April 3 Rachel Mielke Gary France France, Goetsch & Guerndt
April 10 Jeff Mills JoAnn Draeger
April 17 Ken Moberg Jean Burgener
April 24 Beth Mueller Tom Brunner
May 1 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
Two weeks ago, Jan Klosinski had the program and she invited Stephanie Smith to talk about the newly renovated SentryWorld Golf Course.
Last week, Ann Lucas had the program and invited Sebastian to talk about his home country.
Jeff Lindell has invited Colin Hanson to speak on behalf of “A Walk in Their Shoes”.
- For March 20, Mary Jo Lechner has invited Dr. Jennifer Havel to speak about her dentistry outreach on a recent trip with the Good News Project to St. Lucia.
- For April 3, Rachel Mielke has invited Dr. Chuck McCarthy and Dr. Jennifer Havel to speak about the Good News Project and their recent trip to St. Lucia.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Jan Klosinki would arrange for Newman teacher Michelle Klein and students to talk about their recent first place experience at Business World.
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
March March reading
March 15 Girl Scout Banquet (contact Pat Puyleart)
April 2 Board Meeting
April 14 Honor Flight
May 2-3 District Conference at Lambeau Field
May 19 Honor Flight
Fall Music and Martinis
We welcome our newest members Jesse Maas and Travis White.
- · Jennifer Havel – St. Lucia – spiced rum and a flag from a St. Lucia Rotary club
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
John Kelly had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Jennifer Havel and Janna Hamann for their recent invocations.
- To Pat Puyleart for building our beautiful new podium.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- $8400 was raised for the Rotary Foundation ($4800 by our club) at the recent President’s Dinner
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Skarie Dental Clinic. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.