Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
April 24, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
April 24 Beth Mueller Tom Brunner France, Goetsch & Guerndt
May 1 No Meeting (Prayer Breakfast)
May 8 Aaron Mull Tim Bodette Hagedorn, Hamann & Havel
May 15 Rick Nevers Nathan Birchler
May 22 Lindy Penn Greg Bardonner
May 29 Pat Puyleart Lois Alt
June 5 Dan Schaut Jeff Zriny Hemp, Jarvis & Kelly
Ken Moberg invited Janna Janke and Lisa Moses who joined him in a presentation about the April 26th Free Clinic at the Highland Community Church.
We will be joined today by Rotary Youth scholarship winners.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Jan Klosinki would arrange for Newman teacher Michelle Klein and students to talk about their recent first place experience at Business World.
- Todd Werner of Peaceful Solutions Counseling regarding a new fundraiser called “Wausau Family Fun Olympics” (715) 675-3458
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
April 24 & May 15 Youth Scholarship Awards
May 1 Leadership prayer breakfast at Highland Community Church –
speaker Gracia Burnham
May 1 Board Meeting
May 2-3 District Conference at Lambeau Field
May 19 Honor Flight
Fall Music and Martinis
- Amy Woods – Arizona – brooch
- Rhonda Werner Schultz –Florida – Jack Daniels grilling chips and BBQ sauce
- Jeff Zriny – Savannah – Badger mugs
- Ray Connor – Florida – basket of foods
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Pastor Ray had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Pat Puyleart for leading our recent Rotary 101.
- To Jean Burgener for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- The club approved a $2500 request for the Grand capital campaign. This amount will be matched by the downtown club.
- The Salvation Army sent a thank you note for the $550 our club raised by ringing bells.
- Our Rotary exchange student for next year will be Nicholas from Estonia. Other news is that Sebastian will no longer be joining our club as a Rotary exchange student.
- Per our Treasurer Todd, as of March 31st our club treasury has approximately $51,000.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?