Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
June 11, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
June 12 Dan Schaut Greg Bardonner Hemp, Jarvis & Kelly
June 19 Bill Skarie Ali Wolf
June 26 Mtg. at Kayak statue
July 3 John Kelly Travis White Kemppainen, Kinney & Klosinski
July 10 Scott Slajus Rhonda Werner Schultz
July 17 Stephanie Smith Mary Weller
July 24 Tim Strasser Mary Weber
July 31 Tammy Szekeress Jim Warsaw
Mike Schlichte has the program and he invited Mike Thompson from the Never Forgotten Honor Flight.
Dan Schaut will present a short travel log on his adventure in Antarctica.
- On June 19, Bill Skarie has invited John Nowaczk from Sprocketz bike shop.
- On July 3, John Kelly has invited some visitors from South Sudan.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Jan Klosinki would arrange for Newman teacher Michelle Klein and students to talk about their recent first place experience at Business World.
- Todd Werner of Peaceful Solutions Counseling regarding a new fundraiser called “Wausau Family Fun Olympics” (715) 675-3458
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
July 10 Board Meeting
Sept. 8 Honor Flight
Oct. 6 Honor Flight
November 1 Music and Martinis
- · JoAnn Draeger – Italy – coffee mug, coffee & wine
- · Ray Connor – Colorado – candle and candle holder
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Tammy Szekeress had her winning ticket picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Jeff Zriny for the invocation.
- To Tim Strasser for organizing the highway clean-up.
- To Lois Alt for her service and dedication to the club! We will miss her!
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Jean Burgener will head up the 2015 scholarship committee.
- Nominations for the Service Above Self Award should be sent to Randy Winter, Bill Skarie or Pastor Ray.
- Our Rotary exchange student for next year will be Nicholas from Estonia
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org?