Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
July 10, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 10 Scott Slajus Rhonda Werner Schultz Kinney, Klosinski & Lechner
July 17 Stephanie Smith Mary Weller
July 24 Tim Strasser Mary Weber
July 31 Tammy Szekeress Jim Warsaw
August 7 Jim Warsaw Tammy Szekeress Lindell, Lucas & Maas
August 14 Mary Weber Tim Strasser
August 21 Mary Weller Stephanie Smith
August 28 No Meeting (Dinner with District Governor Tom Berkedal on August 26th instead)
Our new President, Randy Winter led the club in a discussion of club goals. He first described his wish that we recite the 4-way test at every meeting. He then suggested the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
Also today, Ann Lucas was awarded the 2nd Service Above Self Award! Congratulations to Ann! A permanent plaque will now be displayed at every meeting listing our two winners so far – Pat Puyleart & Ann Lucas.
Scott Slajus has invited Jeff Ottosen the new Boy Scout Executive/CEO for Samoset Council.
- For July 31, Tammy Szekeress has invited Shannon Dalton, shop manager from Wickersham Jewelry.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Jan Klosinki would arrange for Newman teacher Michelle Klein and students to talk about their recent first place experience at Business World.
- Todd Werner of Peaceful Solutions Counseling regarding a new fundraiser called “Wausau Family Fun Olympics” (715) 675-3458
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month - Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month - JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
July 10 Board Meeting
August 7 Board Meeting
August 26 Dinner with District Governor
Sept. 8 Honor Flight
Oct. 6 Honor Flight
Nov. 1 Music and Martinis
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Gary France had his winning ticket picked AGAIN. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
- To Jesse Maas for filling in for the invocation.
- To visitor Debi Traeder from the noon club as well as Mary Weber’s new business partner Darin.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Jean Burgener will head up the 2015 scholarship committee.
- May attendance was 91%.
- Our Rotary exchange student for next year will be Nicholas from Estonia
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation and the general rotary site is rotary.org