Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 4, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 4 Rhonda Werner Schultz Scott Slajus Mills, Moberg & Mueller
September 11 Travis White Bill Skarie
September 18 Alisa Wolf Mike Schlichte
September 25 Amy Wood Dan Schaut
October 2 Jeff Zriny Rachel Rogness Mull, Nevers & Penn
October 9 Greg Bardonner Pat Puyleart
October 16 Nate Birchler Lindy Penn
October 23 Tim Bodette Rick Nevers
October 30 No Meeting (Music & Martinis on Friday night)
Two weeks ago, Mary Weller invited Linda Grilley to give an update on the Monk Gardens. Thanks as well to District Governor Tom Berkedal for meeting with the club at a special dinner meeting last week.
Rhonda Werner Schultz has invited Chad Lawson and Randy Hahn from Leader Central to speak about their community outreach organization and its plans for the community.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Carrie Coffren at firstname.lastname@example.org would speak about foster care and the need for foster families
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Haman
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction
Ray Connor had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
Welcome to our newest club member Craig Kersemeier!
Farewell for now to Jennifer Guerndt due to school and work obligations. Come back any time!
Ann Lucas was awarded the 2nd Service Above Self Award! Congratulations to Ann! A permanent plaque will now be displayed at every meeting listing our two winners so far – Pat Puyleart & Ann Lucas.
Dan Schaut awarded Beth Mueller with her 2nd level Paul Harris
Our new President, Randy Winter led the club in a discussion of club goals. He suggested the following goals for 2014-2015:
Increase membership to 54
Increase membership activity
Review and rework strategic plan
Quarterly club assemblies
Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
- To Stephanie Smith for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Reading to Go is collecting materials – please contact Jan Klosinski for more information on what is needed
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.