Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
September 18, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
September 18 Alisa Wolf Mike Schlichte Mills, Moberg & Mueller
September 25 Amy Wood Dan Schaut
October 2 Jeff Zriny Rachel Rogness Mull, Nevers & Penn
October 9 Greg Bardonner Ray Connor for Pat P.
October 16 Nate Birchler Lindy Penn
October 23 Tim Bodette Rick Nevers
October 30 No Meeting (Music & Martinis on Friday night)
Travis White had the program and invited Anne Ellenbecker and Linda Koepke from Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin. They talked about their programming and their upcoming October 23rd Big Taste Fundraiser.
Ali Wolf has the program.
- For September 25, Amy Wood has invited Carrie Coffren to talk about foster care programs.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Peter Blum to speak about the Challenge Academy (a residential school located at Fort McCoy which serves high school dropouts) email@example.com or 608-269-9000
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
Sept. 29 Highway Clean-up – 5:00 (Talk to Tim Strasser if able to help)
Oct. 2 Board Meeting
Oct. 6 Honor Flight
Nov. 1 Music and Martinis
Dec. 20 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Fleet Farm
- Jean Burgener – China – placemats, chopsticks and a jewelry box
- Randy Winter – Door County – wine bottle rack
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
MUSIC & MARTINIS
Our annual club fundraiser will be held on Saturday, November 1st at the Wausau Country Club. All members are encouraged to seek sponsorships and auction/raffle items. As of 9/11 we have approximately $9000-10,000 in sponsorships.
In a make-up raffle pick from last week, Todd Hagedorn picked a black marble. Then, Steve Goetsch had his winning ticket picked for this week. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time! We have approximately $289 in the pot.
Welcome to our newest club members Craig Kersemeier and Gretchen Brown! Welcome as well to Kristopher Pai – our Rotary exchange student!
Farewell for now to Jennifer Guerndt due to school and work obligations. Come back any time!
Ann Lucas was awarded the 2nd Service Above Self Award! Congratulations to Ann! A permanent plaque will now be displayed at every meeting listing our two winners so far – Pat Puyleart & Ann Lucas.
Dan Schaut awarded Beth Mueller with her 2nd level Paul Harris
Our new President, Randy Winter led the club in a discussion of club goals. He suggested the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Bill Skarie for the invocation.
- To Stephanie Smith for attending the Stevens Point Rotary meeting and bringing back their club flag.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Reading to Go is collecting materials – please contact Jan Klosinski for more information on what is needed
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.