Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
October 9, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
October 9 Greg Bardonner Ray Connor Mull, Nevers (or subs) & Penn
October 16 Nate Birchler Lindy Penn
October 23 Tim Bodette Rick Nevers
October 30 No Meeting (Music & Martinis on Saturday night)
November 6 Gretchen Brown Aaron Mull Puyleart, Rogness & Schaut
November 13 Tom Brunner Beth Mueller
November 20 Jean Burgener Ken Moberg
November 27 No Meeting (Thanksgiving)
As Jeff Zriny’s speaker was unable to attend, President Randy Winter gave an update on club goals and objectives as submitted to Rotary
Greg Bardonner has invited Lt. Matt Barnes from the Wausau Police Department to speak about the Wausau drug scene.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Peter Blum to speak about the Challenge Academy (a residential school located at Fort McCoy which serves high school dropouts) firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-269-9000
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: JoAnn Draeger (Leader), Tammy Szekeress, Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Tim Strasser and Pat Kemppainen
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
October Reading to Go Month
Oct. 2 Board Meeting
Nov. 1 Music and Martinis
Nov. 5 Board Meeting
Dec. 13 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Fleet Farm (Part 1)
Dec. 20 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Fleet Farm (Part 2)
May 15-17 District Conference
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
MUSIC & MARTINIS
Our annual club fundraiser will be held on Saturday, November 1st at the Wausau Country Club. All members are encouraged to seek sponsorships and auction/raffle items. As of 10/2 we have approximately $11,400 in sponsorships and 36 auction items.
Bill Skarie had his winning ticket picked for this week. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
Welcome to our newest club members Craig Kersemeier and Gretchen Brown! Welcome as well to Kristofer Pai – our Rotary exchange student!
Our new President, Randy Winter led the club in a discussion of club goals. He suggested the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Tim Strasser for coordinating the recent highway clean-up and to all who participated!
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Per Jan Klosinski, August club attendance was 65%
- Our club will be sponsoring three students at the RYLA conference this weekend
- Per Todd Hagedorn the club has approximately $39,000 in cash
- The club will be interviewing a possible Rotary outbound student.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?