Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
December 4, 2014
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
December 4 Jan Klosinski Jeff Mills Schlichte, Skarie &Slajus
December 11 JoAnn Draeger Ann Meyer
December 18 No Meeting (Holiday Party Saturday Night)
December 25 No Meeting (Christmas)
January 1 No Meeting (New Year’s Eve)
January 8 Gary France Jesse Maas Smith, Strasser & Szekeress
January 15 Steve Goetsch Ann Lucas
January 22 Todd Hagedorn Jeff Lindell
January 29 Janna Hamann Mary Jo Lechner
Jean Burgener invited Steve Anderson who spoke about North Central Health Care and its aquatic therapy program.
Jan Klosinski has invited Dr. Dave Barr from the Kaola Center for Sleep Disorders. He will talk about how dentistry is working to help people with sleep apnea.
- For December 11, JoAnn Draeger has invited Ann Saris who will give an update on YWCA programming.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible. We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or email@example.com
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Gretchen Brown (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis
- Aaron Mull and Jean Burgener
Dec. 4 Board Meeting
Dec. 13 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Fleet Farm (Part I)
Dec. 20 Salvation Army Bell Ringing at Fleet Farm (Part II)
Dec. 20 Holiday Party at the Wellers
Jan. 8 Board Meeting
Jan. 9-11 Love is International
Feb. 6 or 7 President’s Dinner
April 25 Honor Flight
May 11 Honor Flight
May 15-17 District Conference
- Nate Birchler – San Francisco & Muir Woods – Hat and t-shirt
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
MUSIC & MARTINIS
Our annual club fundraiser was held on Saturday, November 1st at the Wausau Country Club. Congratulations on this amazing event!
Gary France had his winning tickets picked. He then picked a black marble. Congratulations Gary!
Our new President, Randy Winter led the club in a discussion of club goals. He suggested the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Ken Moberg for the invocation.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Dan Schaut presented a special new pin to Jean Burgener. This pin will be awarded to club members who bring in new Rotarians.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?