Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
February 5, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
February 5 Jeff Zriny Warsaw, Weber & Weller
February 12 Jennifer Havel Jan Klosinski
February 19 Sheryl Hemp Pat Kinney
February 26 Dick Jarvis Craig Kersemeier
March 5 John Kelly Dick Jarvis Werner Schultz, White & Wolf
March 12 No Meeting (President’s Dinner on Saturday)
March 19 Craig Kersemeier John Kelly
March 26 Patrick Kinney Sheryl Hemp
April 2 Nathan Birchler Jennifer Havel Wood, Zriny &Bardonner
(switch with Jan)
Janna Hamann invited Gene Hellman who spoke about a special holiday that is gaining popularity in America.
Jeff Zriny has invited Jacob Eckmann and others from the Idea Charter School to speak about their experience.
- For February 12, Jennifer Havel has invited Brian Stenzenski-Williams from the Boys and Girls Club to talk about their new Franklin St. location.
- For February 19, Sheryl Hemp will give an update on the Friends of Rib Mountain State Park enclosed shelter. In addition, Vicki Baumann from Granite Peak will talk about the proposed expansion at the ski hill.
- For February 26, Dick Jarvis has invited Jeff Micholic, head advisor for the DC Everest High School fishing team to speak about the fishing team program at that school
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Pearson and Margaret Donnelly from the Aspirus Hospice to talk about the We Care for Veterans program and overview of complementary therapies – contact Kalynn Pempek of the Aspirus Health Foundation (715)847-2478
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Gretchen Brown (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull and Jean Burgener
Feb. 5 Board Meeting
March 14 President’s Dinner –Wausau Country Club (5:30-cocktails; 6:30 – dinner)
April 25 Honor Flight
May 11 Honor Flight
May 15-17 District Conference
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Gary France had his winning tickets picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
Our President, Randy Winter suggest the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Mary Jo Lechner for the invocation.
- To Pat Puyleart for coordinating the recent Love is International weekend
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Dan Schaut presented a special new pin to Jean Burgener. This pin will be awarded to club members who bring in new Rotarians.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at email@example.com. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?