Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
March 19, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
March 19 Craig Kersemeier John Kelly Werner Schultz, Wolf & Wood
March 26 Patrick Kinney Sheryl Hemp
April 2 Nathan Birchler Jennifer Havel Zriny, Bardonner & Birchler
(switch with Jan)
April 9 Mary Jo Lechner Janna Hamann
April 16 Jeff Lindell Todd Hagedorn
April 23 Ann Lucas Steve Goetsch
April 30 Jesse Maas Gary France
May 7 Leadership Prayer Breakfast (No Meeting)
John Kelly invited Scott Liegl from the Wausau/Central Wisconsin Sports Authority.
Craig Kersemeier has invited Michelle Milliken and Mae Rae from REMAX/EXCEL realty to talk about 2015 Housing Trends and Real Estate Forecast.
- For March 26, Pat Kinney will be talking about the NCHC Birth to Three program
- For April 16, Jeff Lindell has invited Pastor Ray to speak about his recent mission trip.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.email@example.com)
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Pearson and Margaret Donnelly from the Aspirus Hospice to talk about the We Care for Veterans program and overview of complementary therapies – contact Kalynn Pempek of the Aspirus Health Foundation (715)847-2478
- Jan Hansford would like to speak before April 25th regarding a fundraiser “Walk for Water”. Her contact is email@example.com
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Gretchen Brown (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White (LOA) and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull and Jean Burgener
March 4th Literacy Month
April 2 Board Meeting
April 9 Rotary 101 meeting following regular meeting
April 25 Honor Flight
May 7 Leadership Prayer Breakfast
May 11 Honor Flight
May 15-1 District Conference (Appleton)
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Jesse Maas had his winning tickets picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
We welcome the following new members – Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller, Becky Besaw and Scott Brainard
Our President, Randy Winter suggest the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Dick Jarvis for the invocation.
- To recent visitor Sarah Keene.
- To everyone for a great recent President’s dinner!
LEADERSHIP PRAYER BREAKFAST
Per Ken Moberg -May 7 will be the Leadership Prayer Breakfast. It will be held this year at Immanuel Baptist Church off Hwy N. Keynote speaker will be Phillip Buch, retired choral director from Wausau West High School.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?