Wausau Early Bird Rotary Newsletter
May 14, 2015
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
May 14 Jeff Mills JoAnn Draeger Bodette, Brainard & Brown
May 21 Beth Mueller Ray Connor
May 28 Cindy Mueller Jean Burgener
June 4 Aaron Mull Tom Brunner Brunner, Burgener & Connor
June 11 Rick Nevers Gretchen Brown
June 18 Kyle Page Scott Brainard
June 25 Meeting at Kayak Statue Tim Bodette
Jesse Maas invited Dean Keith Montgomery of UWMC who discussed state budget reforms and their potential impact on UWMC.
Jeff Mills has the program.
- For May 21, Beth Mueller has invited Dave Nolan from Rawhide Boys Ranch.
- On May 28, the high school scholarship winners will be attending our meeting.
- For June 11th, Pat Puyleart will introduce the speaker for Rick Nevers.
- For June 18, Kyle Page (as arranged by Ann Lucas and Dave Anderson) has invited Scott O'Donnell the executive director for CIRCUS WORLD in Baraboo.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
We will then be able to print a list of upcoming programs.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rhonda Strebel on the Rural Health Initiative (Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David “Ski” Wetuski to speak about the local VA Clinic – (715) 842-1724 or email@example.com
- Barb Sugden from Catholic Charities to speak in August about the Warming Center and volunteer needs for the winter season (715) 849-3311 x1729 or bsugden@CCLSE.org
- Dave Ross from the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services to talk about the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program – contact Brittany Lewin at (608)266-6795
- Local Sons of Norway Rib Fjell Lodge – contact Dave Berge at (715) 845-4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Pearson and Margaret Donnelly from the Aspirus Hospice to talk about the We Care for Veterans program and overview of complementary therapies – contact Kalynn Pempek of the Aspirus Health Foundation (715)847-2478
- Heather Haupt – to talk about myTeam Triumph. This is an athletic mentoring program that creates teams of Captains (special needs children, adults and Veterans) and Angels (able bodied athletes) and together the complete road races and triathlons. email@example.com
- All members are encouraged to consider giving presentations about their own professions
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month: Gary France (Leader), Tom Brunner, Patrick Kinney, Mary Weber and Scott Slajus
Second Thursday of the Month: Ken Moberg (Leader), Mike Schlichte and Janna Hamann
Third Thursday of the Month: Gretchen Brown (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Nate Birchler, Travis White (LOA) and Rachel Rogness
Fourth Thursday of the Month: Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Ann Lucas, Scott Brainard and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month: Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis: Aaron Mull and Jean Burgener
May Reading to Go Month
May 14 Board Meeting
May 15-17 District Conference (Appleton)
Nov. 7 Music & Martinis
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Mary Weber had her winning tickets picked. She then picked a black marble. Better luck next time!
We welcome the following new members – Kyle Page, Cindy Mueller, Becky Besaw and Scott Brainard. We have also unfortunately received word that Ann Meyer and Patrick Kemppainen have resigned from the club.
Our President, Randy Winter suggest the following goals for 2014-2015:
1) Increase membership to 54
2) Increase membership activity
3) Review and rework strategic plan
4) Quarterly club assemblies
5) Create “Light Up” Rotary event with the noon club
6) Have fun!
- To Gary France for the recent invocation.
- To Tim Kilgore and volunteers for the recent highway clean-up.
- To Ken Moberg for organizing the recent Prayer Breakfast
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Randy is looking for Nominees for the 3rd Annual “Service Above Self Award”. Please let Randy, Pastor Ray or Amy Wood.
- Per Tom Brunner -we are in need of host families for our inbound student for next year.
- Jan Klosinski announced that May is another month for reading to students at local schools. She also gave an update on plans for next year.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time.
Board meetings will be held on the 1st Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEW NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz – www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.?